• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i get a 4th?

emseykins

Young Bun
In need of some advice!

I have two bonded french lops who live together and a house rabbit who is solo at the moment. I have tried him with my other two without any joy.

I love having Bertie in the house with us but am conscious that we both work full time and he does have a lot of time on his own so was debating whether to get him a gf?

I can't have another bun inside so it would mean moving him outside and pairing him up with a lady friend. Just wondering what everyone thinks? is it cruel to move a indoor bun outside especially if they are used to having quite a large space? Obviously i would get a large hutch/run but he has been spoiled rotten!

Need advice to make the best decision for all buns :D

is it cruel to move a indoor bun outside especially if they are used to having quite a large space? Obviously i would get a large hutch/run but he has been spoiled rotten!

Need advice to make the best decision for all buns :D

My house bunny has been spoiled too, but I decided that constant rabbit company in a smaller outdoor space would be better than my company in the evenings, so she's moving outside on the bank holiday weekend, before it gets too cold. Then I just have to find a suitable friend from the rescue!

Thanks that's made me feel better, that's exactly what i was thinking that less space nut with permanent company of another bun is better than all the space in my house but with no one to play with!

I am worried about him being cold though as he's only little, he was a rescue so i don't know his exact breed but is sort of a pointy eared cross :oops:, short hair lol Any suggestions of good housing which will keep him and his new friend snug through the winter? :)

In your situation I personally would move single bunny outside with a friend providing their outdoor accommodation meets with the minimum size :)

Thanks that's made me feel better, that's exactly what i was thinking that less space nut with permanent company of another bun is better than all the space in my house but with no one to play with!

I am worried about him being cold though as he's only little, he was a rescue so i don't know his exact breed but is sort of a pointy eared cross :oops:, short hair lol Any suggestions of good housing which will keep him and his new friend snug through the winter? :)

Sounds like you're in exactly the same situation as me! I've ordered a snugglesafe heatpad from amazon (I started a thread about it in housing and they sound really good). I've also got an old blanket and plastic shower curtain, a tough piece of carpet and a huge roll of the kind of clear plastic you find on caravan floors - when the new hutch is in place I'm going to attempt my own hutch cover!

Another cheap idea is to put a cardboard box in the bed area and stuff straw both inside and around the outside of it for extra insulation.

I'm really looking forward to getting Finx a friend and starting the bonding process!

Yep a box is a good idea. I was worried with mine as they are house rabbits but stayed in my parents garden while we were away for the weekend. I got a cover for the hutch, then put a box inside which i put carpet inside and lined with several layers of newspaper round the outside. I also filled the box with straw for them to dig in. If they get cold then they have somewhere that should keep them all snug

I also moved mine outside so that she had company and now she is far more happy - company is more important than space in my opinion. Obviously you need to provide me with as much space as possible.

Back