• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Twinkle and Star! More Pics, as Requested P21

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Just over two years ago today, my OH and I wanted to adopt two rescue bunnies. We rang RNGPWelfare who were just about to have their annual Family Fun Day. We went along and in one of the first hutches we came to, were two beautiful but very shy tri-colour Dutch bunnies. You seemed so nervous, yet inquisitive, so we asked the lady about you. We spent half an hour just with our hands in your cage, letting you sniff our hands shyly. It was love at first sight.

I didn’t sleep for the week up until we had our homecheck, I was so excited. Two weeks after we met you, we picked you up and brought you home to settle in. We were so happy, and didn’t realise just how lovely you were. We were told you had a lot of energy to burn. One night we saw Star doing this weird thing with her head and came on to RU to find out what it might be. We learned that she was doing a “binky”.

We have spent a lot of time with you both, trying to help you learn that our hands are not something to be scared of, and that if you don’t want to be picked up then we definitely wont unless you really need to be. You love exploring the garden, and Star is now so confident about going out and about, getting in to any nook and cranny, binkying like mad all over the place, while Twinkle loves to chomp away on anything she can forage, snatch or beg for! We love you so much White Socks and Twinkle Toes.

If it wasn’t for you two, our first bunnies, we would never have come across RU or adopted our other four. So happy 2nd gotcha day Twinkle and Star! (We believe you are now four years old). Here’s to many more fun times with you both.

DaddogsrabbitsAugSep09140.jpg

DaddogsrabbitsAugSep09104.jpg

RabbitsSept09037.jpg

ClareandKevsWedding179.jpg

ClareandKevsWedding178.jpg

ClareandKevsWedding177.jpg

BunsEatingHawthorn057.jpg

TwinkleStarGardenMay11102.jpg

TwinkleStarGardenMay11086.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely pics, and Happy Gotcha day! :wave:

Twinkle and Star share 1st August as their Gotch Day with my dear little bunny friend, Mr McFlurry. :love:

Happy gotcha day girls, you still look as stunning as ever :love::love::love:

Well done Mr and Mrs Helgalush for giving these two such a fabulous forever home, they are living the life of luxury

Twinkle and Star say "fank yoo RU for all da burfday wishes" :D

They've just had a lot of fun running in the garden for the last hour, and now they have their birthday presents to play with. We have given them a wooden platform to jump up on to their shelf with, and a carrot play patch. Hopefully soon they will have a warren interchange so we can connect their tunnels. They've been a bit spoilt! :oops:

Twinkle and Star say "fank yoo RU for all da burfday wishes" :D

They've just had a lot of fun running in the garden for the last hour, and now they have their birthday presents to play with. We have given them a wooden platform to jump up on to their shelf with, and a carrot play patch. Hopefully soon they will have a warren interchange so we can connect their tunnels. They've been a bit spoilt! :oops:

I hope they like their presents ... perhaps we might get some more piccies? :D

Back