• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

compatability

pipsavage

New Kit
Hi all. Im phil and and im new here. I have a lovly rabbit called buttons now unfortunTly she is living on her own as the guini pig my local pet shop advised as a friend for her past on. Now ive built a large seven foot tall avoiry for her and two chipmunks. My queston is if i put her in the avory now will she get teratorial buy the time i get another bunny for her [2 weeks]

Sorry i dont have any useful advice just bumping post up for you, but welcome to RU :) im sure someone will be along with advice soon :)

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I dont think that it would be a good idea for her to live with the chipmunks as they have very different food requirements. She may get territorial but you should always bond the rabbits in a neutral place, there are many threads for bonding advice.
The best pair is a spayed girl and a neutered boy, rescues are currently filled with gorgeous buns and will let you take your bun to find her perfect friend.

There is a stories and photos section for you to post some photos of buttons. We love bunny photos :D

Your first consideration needs to be whether Buttons is spayed. Unspayed rabbits are likely to fight with another rabbit whether same sex or not and obviously with a unneutered buck you will hear the pitter patter of tiny paws! Also spaying will eliminate the risk of uterine cancer which is around an 80% likelihood.

Then you might like to enquire with some rescues. For a donation many rescues will bond rabbits for you. :) And will likely even have a neutered buck whose personality will match up with Buttons'.

Then while they are away being bonded you can then neutralise the accommodation. Vinegar works well for this. :)

Please don't put her with another animal. Rabbits have very different nutritional needs to most other animals. It's also a bit like you having to spend your entire life with another person who doesn't speak your language. Rabbits communicate in very subtle ways that we and other animals just can't understand.

the avairy

Thx for the advice. the thing is she was with another rabbit befor. they were both NOT sprayed and they were fine so i think she is fairly laid back. ill have to getsum pictures on the photos section. sory for any typos. im on my phone :)

There is still a massive likelihood that she will get uterine cancer still though. Was she with the other rabbit from a young age? It's a lot harder once they get older.

Back