• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very small dark poops......

has he eaten lots of grass in the last 24 hrs?

Has he NOT eaten much today? (be that pellets/herbs/veg/hay)

Is he on any antibiotics / other meds?

I would think possible beginnings to a GI slow down perhaps, but lots of other things can cause it also.

He was on grass at boarding and I only colected him yesterday. He is eating well, and doing normal poops too, just a few of these little ones aswell. :(

He was on grass at boarding and I only colected him yesterday. He is eating well, and doing normal poops too, just a few of these little ones aswell. :(

I'd keep a VERY close eye on it, if you start getting more small dark poops over the next 24 hours, i'd think of a vet trip.

My buns are free range and eat grass most of the day,I would say their poos are small and black just like the wild bunnies :wave::wave::wave:

If your rabbit is dehydrated the urine will smell stronger/ammonia,your rabbit will become sluggish and have other symptoms.As you have said Bramble is eating well,I really think its the grass he has been eating as he seems to be fine in every other way :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

could just be the grass or it could be the start of stasis due to the stress of boarding.. hopefully by tomorrow he will be totally normal again :D

Thank you :wave: I will be keeping a close eye on him. They are very tiny poops.....I am thinking maybe it is the grass, but will see how he goes.

As others have said, definitely keep an eye. If he starts producing all small poos, or they are very hard I would definitely contact the vet.

Wow we've had lots of normal poops from Bramble overnight - seems it was probably the grass which is a relief. Poor boy is moulting like crazy at the moment too, he looks so scruffy.......but still very cute!

Back