• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Speechless, Freakin' SPEECHLESS !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This morning's browse around the Charity Shop in search of stuff for the Bunny Enclosures.

Two women aged about 25-30. One picks up a small dog harness. I then overhear her say to the other woman 'D'ya think this'd fit the Rabbit' ?

Other woman ', Yeh, probably'.

First woman ' I'll get it then so I can tie the Rabbit up to the washing line, it'll save me 'aving to chase it around the garden for ages to get it back in its cage'.................

:shock:

Could I keep my gob shut, could I heck as like..............

I *politely* interjected 'Are you serious, you are going to tie your Rabbit up to a washing line?'

Both women stare at me then the one holding the harness says 'Cant see that it's anything to do with you but yeh, I am bloody sick of spending ages every night trying to get it back into its cage'. If it's tied to the washing line I'll be able to catch it'. Otherwise it'll 'ave to stay out all night and the Foxes will 'ave it'.

I said, so what about the Foxes during the day ? Her reply ' Foxes hibernate (!!) all day, you'll never see a Fox in daylight and I am only at work from 11am till 5pm'.................. :roll: :roll:

With that her and her mate stomped off

To think that people like this go on to REPRO-BLOODY-DUCE !!

:censored:

:shock: what the hell?

Please tell me she didnt buy the dog harness? :cry:

People are so bl00dy selfish!

cant be bothered with it? you know what THEN DONT GET A PET YOU MORON!

bet the poor thing is in a tiny cage, not enough hay...

grrr makes me angry

i just hope nothing happens to the poor bunny! :cry:

Freeranging would be better at least it could hide from foxes, if it's tied to something theres no chance :(

That is disgusting. I think I would have screamed blue murder at them! If anyone did that to my rabbit....:censored::censored::censored:

Last edited:
I know someone who did this. All in the best intentions though with an extra long lead so the bun could run and run but couldn't go beyond their garden. I used to think it was a good idea as the bun got lots of exercise. :oops: But I now know it is very dangerous. I'm happy to inform that the bun now has a friend, lives in a 5 x 2 x 2 double hutch with a 5 x 5 attached run and a 4ft x 2ft hutch on the other end. No more being tied to the washing line! I would have suggested that this lady was doing it with good intentions too but after referring to her rabbit as "it", i've changed my mind :?

Last edited:
That's disgusting :( Stupid woman! What material was the harness made of? If it was webbing type then maybe the bun can chew free? I hope it was!

Back