• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A room with a view

esupi

Warren Veteran
Finally finished the buns' renovation - they now have 4 floors plus an intermediate one where they can sit and look out of the window:
P1000163.jpg

Their window:
P1000164.jpg

Top floor (upside-down storage box as I'm paranoid about them falling off):
P1000165.jpg

And here they are - totally ignoring their extended house - flopped out in their favourite poky corner behind the sofa:
P1000167.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics - I got a new camera, but haven't read the instructions yet!

wow that looks fab!! once the bunnies come out of their favourite corner i bet they'll love it!!! :D

Thanks - it's been a bit of a long-term project but we're really pleased now it's finally done. they're still in their corner though! haha.

Wonderful palace they have themselves there :D:D What lucky (& seemingly ungrateful :roll::lol: ) wabbits :love:

Typical that they are in their corner! Honestly we go to all this effort to give them plenty of room and if mine are anything to go by they don't take advantage of it at all and plonk their little furry behinds in the same places all the time :roll::lol:

It looks fab, and i love the little safety features on the edges of the shelves :D Lucky bunnies!

WOW!!! That looks great. Where did you get the corner litter box from?
I'm sure once they try it out they'll love it.

thats look really awesome. :D

how did u do it? im really curious :D

For a long time it was just the floor and the first shelf. The storage unit is from Ikea. The bottom shelf is just a piece of 12 mm plywood (which I got B&Q to cut for me) with 2 legs screwed in - it's only rested on top of the storage unit. Th wood is painted white and the shelf is covered with a fleece blanket also from Ikea.

The window shelf is just plywood again - cut by OH with a jigsaw and covered in the same fleece. It's just screwed into the windowsill with 2 screws, and there's plastic stuck over the window frame so they can't chew it (if they ever go up there!)

The other two little shelves are just more plywood covered in fleece and rested on top of the storage unit - the top one has an upside-down storage box screwed to it - we cut the hole in the side of that with a hacksaw.

All the plastic is just clip frames that we bought from Wilkos - cut them with a penknife and then sanded the edges down so they're not sharp. They're screwed into the wood - possibly the trickiest part of the whole job as they plastic is very brittle and it's hard to drill close to the edge without it breaking. I think you can buy thicker plastic from B&Q, but we didn't need enough of it to make it worth it.

The best thing is that apart from the window seat it all just lifts off, so we can give it a good hoover/wash every so often.

WOW!!! That looks great. Where did you get the corner litter box from?
I'm sure once they try it out they'll love it.

We got the corner litter box from a big pet shop near us. The make is 'Pet Brands' - it should be easy to find on Google. They do a rectangular version too, which would be better for bigger buns - ours are only little nethies and the corner one is perfect for the two of them.

We got the corner litter box from a big pet shop near us. The make is 'Pet Brands' - it should be easy to find on Google. They do a rectangular version too, which would be better for bigger buns - ours are only little nethies and the corner one is perfect for the two of them.

Thanks esupi, I'll look it up.
Your very resourceful, the plastic edges are great. What a brill idea.

Sorry to bump an old thread but esupi can I ask where you got that clear plastic sheeting? I need to do something about protecting the windowsill. :(

Sorry to bump an old thread but esupi can I ask where you got that clear plastic sheeting? I need to do something about protecting the windowsill. :(

we actually bought some of those clip frames for posters from wilkos and used the fronts of those. We used them along the landing too to stop them jumping through the bannisters. I think you can get the same stuff from b and q though- it's just sheet acrylic.

i know this is an old thread but your set up is so lovely :love:

Thank you! It actually doesn't look like that anymore-it's less fun now all wood effect and brown and beige. And we actually got rid of the window bit eventually as they never used it! I need to make a new thread!

Super, thank you! I don't want to completely bloke off their access cos they sunbathe up there :lol: but they (well Smudge) are causing so much damage at the moment I've had to.

Back