• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a buddy for joey

mayhemzz22

Young Bun
i have a 2 month old rabbit named joey its a boy and he is lovely. i am wanting to get him a buddy to keep him company while i am not there, can anyone give me advice?

regards mayhem

Is he neutered? Whereabouts do you live? We could recommend local rescues if we know where you are :)

He'll need to be neutered before he can have a wifebun though!

not yet he is only 2 months old, i would love to get a resuce bunny i live in fletton peterborough if u could help me

Get the vet to check whether he's plums have descended, boy buns can be neutered as soon as they drop! If they've descended at 2 months old he can be "done" :D

:wave: There's loads of posts on here about how to bond bunnies, but here's some basics;

* Once Joey's boy bits have "dropped" he will be able to be neutered. In male rabbits this is quite a straightforward operation, and usually has a very quick recovery period.

*If Joey is neutered, it will be easier for him to have a companion, as he wont feel the need to "mate" with his friend all the while, and most territorial tendencies will have faded.

* A boy & girl partnership is considered the easiest.

* Have a look at local rescues, contact them to express an interest, and ask them to help you with the arrangements.

* A lot of rescues will help you with bonding, and picking out the ideal friend.

i might give him another month lol, he is starting to mark his sent out with wee on our bed tho lol. do u know any rescuse homes near peterborough?

brilliant, what do u guys find tho. will he be happyer with a gf to keep him company?

and can i also just say thankyou for taking the time to help me out :)

i might give him another month lol, he is starting to mark his sent out with wee on our bed tho lol. do u know any rescuse homes near peterborough?

This is also something that neutering tends to help to prevent. Your vets will be able to tell you when he is/will be ready to be neutered.

In the meantime, try putting puppy training pads down in areas where he frequently pees. This may help to keep it cleaner.

s'all good! but we really do require a picture of the little monster ;) a compulsory part of using this forum :lol:

and a boy/girl bond is usually the easiest bond! so yes, a wifebun will be ideal once little joey has had a visit from the plum fairy!

brilliant, what do u guys find tho. will he be happyer with a gf to keep him company?

and can i also just say thankyou for taking the time to help me out :)

I had Travis to myself for 18 months, I was persuaded that it was best for him to have a bunny companion. I've not looked back since, it's so lovely to see them happily snuggled up with a bunny friend, and grooming one another. I cannot let him be on his own again now. He's not the same without a companion.

i just need to convince my girlfriend lol, im sure she will come around to it.

Snuggles up bunnies are lovely though!!! proof if ever you needed it!

tt6.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

4c176ee5.jpg

55d0a2cd.jpg

smalltnt.jpg

smallsleepybun.jpg

SP_A0431.jpg

Please note though that he will still be fertile for several weeks after being neutered so you need to wait before intoducing a partner - don't want any little accidents, enough bunnies in the world (1000s of them in rescues).

Back