• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poppy's (rex) "bib" is wet and sore

beccimarie

Mama Doe
im cleaning poppys abcsess alot with hibi scrub and underneath where her bib is looks a little red, i think its because its not drying, i know rexs are prone to "sore hocks" and i dont want her to get a infection on her folds of her bib, so i was woundering whether i should clip the hair there so it dries? her hair is so thick it just doesnt ever have time to dry, just woundering if anyone else thought this is what they would do or differ? its not really bad, but i dont want it to get bad if that makes sense :roll:

Yes, definitely clip it. But be very careful.I know you will be and that you are a Pet Groomer so you know what you are doing, but you may find that on removing the fur the underlying skin is very inflammed and sore.

I am sure that it will help to have the fur kept clipped :)

Yes, definitely clip it. But be very careful.I know you will be and that you are a Pet Groomer so you know what you are doing, but you may find that on removing the fur the underlying skin is very inflammed and sore.

I am sure that it will help to have the fur kept clipped :)

thank you jane :) yes im just disinfecting some blades making sure they are extra clean, dont want to cause an infection, should i put baby powder on after? i dont know if its safe for buns?

When Vinnie had EC she was bathed daily and we had the same problem with drying. I used a hairdryer with a cool setting on the lowest speed which helped a lot with drying. :wave:

Back