• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bath bondings

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
There really does seem to be a lot of varying opinions on bonding in the bath...does anyone have opinions on this? I am starting bonding next week and have a pen for them, just wondering if there was any advantages to the bath over the pen.

I had mischief and jasper in the bath for half an hour and I managed to bond them but wouldn't do a long bond in the bath. It's not really natural and the bunnies can get stressed in there I've found out. :(

I'm not really a fan of bonding in the bath :wave: they can't get a grip which means they can't fight so I can see the logic there, but it also would mean they get stressed and upset which can cause fights.

A 100% neutral pen is where I start all of my bonds

I'm not really a fan of bonding in the bath :wave: they can't get a grip which means they can't fight so I can see the logic there, but it also would mean they get stressed and upset which can cause fights.

A 100% neutral pen is where I start all of my bonds

Yeah I saw a YouTube video and they were slipping all over the place, I felt really sorry for them, but according to the rest of the persons videos, they did bond in the end! I have a pen anyway which I prefer to use.

I did, I put things on the floor to stop slipping and it would only work if your bunnies dont jump. It also left me a handy place to sleep :lol:

It's slippery for the bunnies so I think it's meant to stop the fighting but I think they would be scared by not being able to get a secure footing.

I don't think it's a very nice way to bond-getting them to cling to a partner out of fear.

I think it's better to take the bunny to a rescue and see how they react in adjoining pens with different bunnies (speed dating) before trying to bond. That way the bunnies have chosen each other and not been forced into it.

sue:wave:

Back