• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does the size of rabbits matter when bonding?

muchiemul

Young Bun
I have a small to medium size lop and have seen a female for him in a rescue centre:love:, she is also a lop but is a bit bigger than him, she is very docile and likes other rabbits, she might be good for him although I am slightly worried about the size of her. Should I be worried or does anyone also have different size rabbits living together?
Many Thanks

I have a tan who lives with a very tiny nethie. I was a bit extra cautious when bonding just to make sure he didn't get flattened but it was fine, in fact he's the bossy bun.

I think personality matters more, providing both rabbits are tolerant and aware able to physically get around without injuring the other one etc

I would try to match sizes as much as possible just to prevent accidental injuries if theres a dramatic size difference, like little and large.

ah yeah they will have lots of space, she seems a very easy going rabbit, the difference is he is a lop not sure of which type and she is like a french lop
x

Ah thanks thats brilliant! post 8 bunnies have a much bigger size difference than I think mine will have :D also the personalty thing is most probably true as this bunny is big but also calmer and more laid back than my boy!

Back