• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit falling asleep so sudden

nicoleferniex

Warren Scout
hi guys, dont think its anything to worry about but just wanting to check.. my wee bun is very relaxed, eats great,drinks etc, only thing is when someones in the room and its a relaxed atmosphere (no shouting, loud speaking etc) she tends to just flop over and go to sleep, does anyone elses buns do this?

Awwww she sounds like a happy relaxed bun

so its normal? i thought i was maybe getting worked up about it :( only want the best, she doesnt seem in any pain or discomfort when this happens, and she tends to shake her wee mouth when shes falling into a sleep.

hi guys, dont think its anything to worry about but just wanting to check.. my wee bun is very relaxed, eats great,drinks etc, only thing is when someones in the room and its a relaxed atmosphere (no shouting, loud speaking etc) she tends to just flop over and go to sleep, does anyone elses buns do this?

Yeah mine do this. It means they are happy and settled and nothing to worry about. I think when they are new to an environment they sleep "with one eye open" and dont fall into too deep a sleep so they are ready to dash away if they need to. Probably due to being at the bottom of the food chain for 100's of years. Your bun is obviously more settled now so i wouldn't worry. I remember the first time Jasper did it, i thought he was dead and woke him up, he wasnt impressed!

Yeah mine do this. It means they are happy and settled and nothing to worry about. I think when they are new to an environment they sleep "with one eye open" and dont fall into too deep a sleep so they are ready to dash away if they need to. Probably due to being at the bottom of the food chain for 100's of years. Your bun is obviously more settled now so i wouldn't worry. I remember the first time Jasper did it, i thought he was dead and woke him up, he wasnt impressed!

my mum panics and always wakes Ziggy up,she doesnt get too amused... she hadnt been doing it for a couple weeks but that was when the dog first got put down who she was really close with so im guessing that shes now starting to settle with her being out the house :(

Like this?

P1050180Small.jpg

P1050176Small.jpg

:)

lol shes my wee cutie, she does it about 10 times a day, but only when somebody is in the room with her, she hates being alone

How old is she?

Rabbits are very sociable creatures, and are best suited to be in groups, of at least 2, but need to be neutered/spayed to prevent babies. :)

She's very sweet.

How old is she?

Rabbits are very sociable creatures, and are best suited to be in groups, of at least 2, but need to be neutered/spayed to prevent babies. :)

She's very sweet.

shes 7 months now, we had a brother and sister, unfortunately Zak(male) had stasis and malformed organs and we lost him in feb :(, she has our 2 cats to keep her company until i feel ready to introduce a new bun and after she has been speyed

Back