• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to put inside shed instead of a hutch

Hi all

I have a 6x4 shed for my two bunnies and also in there I put an old hutch which is 4ft long so it won't sit at the back of the shed giving more floor area it has to go on one side. This causes problems I can't get the door of the shed fully open for cleaning and am always catching myself on it. The bunnies don't really go in it anyway so am thinking its a bit big and in the way. If I get rid of it, what could I get instead so that they could have somewhere to hide if they need or snuggle in winter. I don't really want to buy another hutch.

I thought maybe a dog carrier or something like that might do?

Any thoughts would be appreciated?:)

mine just have cardboard box when i can get hold of one and when they wreck it they just have their cat box carrier thing full of hay but they spend 90% of the time in the litter trays and under their hammock :lol:

Thanks for that! Yeah mine don't venture into the hutch much at all and so am thinking its a massive waste of space and they could have much more space if it was removed. My two do demolish boxes too! :lol:

they do like sitting on top of the hutch more than going in it.

I have put a big shelf in now and a ramp so its quite dark underneath the shelf and thats where they have a litter tray and the hammock and they seem pretty happy but in winter when its cold il put the cat boxes in for warmth :)

Would you be able to post a picture of your hammock please. I had thought about getting one for Olive but didn't know what she would make of it.

Yeah, I 'd love to know what a hammock is. I'm also wondering about what to put in my shed.

I think the rabbits needs something to jump onto (and sit on top of), and something to hide under (and keep warm).

I've got lots of hay-filled boxes, and some old blankets, towels, bath mats etc which they're using.

I was thinking of an old couch table or some stools?

I made a big shelf for Poppy to climb onto and she seems to prefer the underneath of it for hiding in. She has dragged all of her tubes under it (I suppose she has made it into a bit of a warren:D) You could try something like that?

Heres what I did:
may2011011.jpg

am thinking I may get some shelves put in to store the hay and stuff for them

But also might get hubby to put a shelf up that they can climb/hide under too

This is my storagey bit:
P182601_31-05-11.jpg

And my shelfy:

P182502_31-05-11.jpg

P1826_31-05-11.jpg

P1827_31-05-11.jpg

Thought I'd just show some pics, might give someone an idea :lol:!

I LOVE that storage idea with the cups!

It's pretty cool isn't it :D Ikea is fabulous for bunny stuff, pretty much most of their stuff is from there :lol:! And that pole & cup thing is only cheap but sooo useful, I'm going to hang hessian bags of hay off it soon too!

I've got a smaller rail and I really want to put it somewhere else in the shed, but I think it might look a bit stupid with 2 :lol:!

Would you be able to post a picture of your hammock please. I had thought about getting one for Olive but didn't know what she would make of it.

Sorry i only just saw this ...
042-2.jpg

041.jpg

Sorry the pics are soo big! theres fluffy white material with a waterproof backing but i put a towel over to protect it and because blossom likes to use underneath as a den :lol: was only £5.99 too :)

Back