PDA

View Full Version : Help please, Riley has eaten something he shouldn't have

abi2047
28-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Please dont jump on me. Riley ate some of the lobeila leaves earlier when mum put them on the step outside. What should I do with Riley? Should I ring the vets and ask them if they want to see him? He's indoors at the moment and is acting fine, he's a bit more energetic. Keeps jumping on and off the sofa for cuddles. He's eating fine and drinking fine. :?

Lillian
28-05-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm not what that is :? How long ago did he eat them? Is he showing any signs of illness?

nessar
28-05-2011, 07:54 PM
how many leaves?

if he seems okay I think he will be, but I would ring the emergency vets to ask their advice, a phone call costs nothing.

abi2047
28-05-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm not what that is :? How long ago did he eat them? Is he showing any signs of illness?

He must of ate them this morning because mum only told me a few hours ago but she found out when she put the washing out this morning. He is acting completely fine, in fact he's acting better! He's more energetic and friendly.

abi2047
28-05-2011, 07:55 PM
how many leaves?

if he seems okay I think he will be, but I would ring the emergency vets to ask their advice, a phone call costs nothing.

I don't know tbh. I think it was about 10 small ones. I'm not sure because I didn't see how many there were before.

abi2047
28-05-2011, 08:01 PM
He has both ears down like a lop which is unusual for him as he always has 1 uppy ear. Is this an illness sign? :?

Ambience
28-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I definately go to the vets if you are worried- if anyone tells you not to and something happens- you'll never forgive us :)

Hope he's okay xxx

beccimarie
28-05-2011, 08:07 PM
If it was one of my two id give a vets a quick ring for advice, atleast it will put your mind at rest and they may give you some advice too :) try not to panic the vets will know what to do :) xx

shell1805
28-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Please dont jump on me. Riley ate some of the lobeila leaves earlier when mum put them on the step outside. What should I do with Riley? Should I ring the vets and ask them if they want to see him? He's indoors at the moment and is acting fine, he's a bit more energetic. Keeps jumping on and off the sofa for cuddles. He's eating fine and drinking fine. :?

ETA - changed the title because no doubt I'll get more replies this way.

ok firstly,putting a title like that is going to get peoples backs up. i appriciate you have had a hard time with peoples views but why fan the fire :roll: you are just going to provoke and that's just as bad as people 'jumping on you'

as for riley, i would give the vets a quick ring and see what they say. it will put your mind at rest :wave:

abi2047
28-05-2011, 08:14 PM
ok firstly,putting a title like that is going to get peoples backs up. i appriciate you have had a hard time with peoples views but why fan the fire :roll: you are just going to provoke and that's just as bad as people 'jumping on you'

as for riley, i would give the vets a quick ring and see what they say. it will put your mind at rest :wave:

I posted that title because I know i'll get more replies this why, like I said in the first post. What do you want me to put the title as?

dizzyg
28-05-2011, 08:15 PM
He has both ears down like a lop which is unusual for him as he always has 1 uppy ear. Is this an illness sign? :?

Eddie had ears like Riley's, his uppy ear would randomly lop for no apparent reason so IMO, it's not a sign of illness.

I'm sure his tum will be fine, I'd give him some extra hay and water to keep his gut moving.

:wave:

shell1805
28-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I posted that title because I know i'll get more replies this why, like I said in the first post. What do you want me to put the title as?

but why would you think you will get more replies???
i would have put something like, 'advice needed, riley has eaten something he shouldn't have' :wave:

Liz47

Maybe try putting it as 'Help please, Riley has eaten something he shouldn't have' Or something like that?

Hope he will be ok, maybe try ringing the vets for advice :wave:

abi2047
Eddie had ears like Riley's, his uppy ear would randomly lop for no apparent reason so IMO, it's not a sign of illness.

I'm sure his tum will be fine, I'd give him some extra hay and water to keep his gut moving.

:wave:

I'm going to keep him indoors for as long as possible, but hopefully mum will let me keep him in for the night. I've never seen his ears like this before but hopefully it's normal.

shell1805
28-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe try putting it as 'Help please, Riley has eaten something he shouldn't have' Or something like that?

Hope he will be ok, maybe try ringing the vets for advice :wave:

snap ;) :lol:

Liz47
28-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Is he a good hay eater? This should get things moving through, how's his poo's? Beano has eaten something she shouldn't have before and she's a good hay eater and after an hour or so her poo's went back to normal after being small and dark :wave:

abi2047
28-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Is he a good hay eater? This should get things moving through, how's his poo's? Beano has eaten something she shouldn't have before and she's a good hay eater and after an hour or so her poo's went back to normal after being small and dark :wave:

His poo's are normal, he's wee'd in the past hour so that's a good sign. He's quite a good hay eater and has been eating hay within the past hour.

Liz47
28-05-2011, 08:21 PM
His poo's are normal, he's wee'd in the past hour so that's a good sign. He's quite a good hay eater and has been eating hay within the past hour.

Sounds good :)

abi2047
28-05-2011, 08:24 PM
He's now scoffing down some pellets. :love:

funnybunnyabc
28-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Is good that he's pooing and peeing normally, hopefully he'll be fine. :) but I'd phone the vet, see what they say. better safe than sorry! :) xx

Babsie
28-05-2011, 08:47 PM

......now I'm intrigued as to original thread title.:lol:

ripminnie
28-05-2011, 08:59 PM
......now I'm intrigued as to original thread title.:lol:

Me too!! :lol:

fiona0529
28-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Does it really matter what the title is? Surely abi getting advice for riley is the most important thing?

Babsie
28-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Does it really matter what the title is? Surely abi getting advice for riley is the most important thing?

Come on - it was a joke.:roll:

fiona0529
28-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Babsie i didnt mean you hun. Was aimed at the posts suggesting 'better' titles to the thread hours after it had been posted. Seemed a bit pointless.

Liz47
28-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Babsie i didnt mean you hun. Was aimed at the posts suggesting 'better' titles to the thread hours after it had been posted. Seemed a bit pointless.

I was only trying to help, people who may know what to do about Riley might not have looked at the thread because of the title. Or those who didn't want to be in another arguement might've not looked but could've been able to offer advice. :(

fiona0529
28-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Feel bad now, really sorry liz. Didnt mean to offend you. Had a bad day and just typing without thinking. So sorry.

Babsie
28-05-2011, 09:53 PM
T R U C E - think lots of good advice has been given.:wave:

paulinejoe
28-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Hope Rileys okay :wave:

Sky-O
28-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I was only trying to help, people who may know what to do about Riley might not have looked at the thread because of the title. Or those who didn't want to be in another arguement might've not looked but could've been able to offer advice. :(

Don't worry, you did fine :) Your (and the other) suggestion were made in Abi's best interest. I'm sure Abi is more interested in Riley than playing 'let's get another locked thread' (which she showed she was by changing the title) so it was the only sensible thing that could be suggested :)

Hope Riley remians perky :)

DemiS
28-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm not sure how dangerous these leaves are, but he's your rabbit you know him the best, keep a very close eye on him and if you notice a change (I wouldn't say a change in ear carriage is because of this) then contact a vet

VickiP
28-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes if it's a small amount and he's eating normally I think you might be OK, Jingle ate a part of an Arum leaf and did a funny thing with his paws like he was trying to get it out of his mouth it wasn't nice - I just quicky fed him some wet herbs to dilute it down and he was alright, just got to make sure he keeps eating and drinking :)

abi2047
28-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Riley is now fine, I hope. He's currently flopped out on the sofa next to me. He's eaten some pellets and kale - which is his favourite. He isn't showing any symptoms and tbh he is acting his usual self. Thankyou everyone. :D

VickiP
28-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Riley is now fine, I hope. He's currently flopped out on the sofa next to me. He's eaten some pellets and kale - which is his favourite. He isn't showing any symptoms and tbh he is acting his usual self. Thankyou everyone. :D

Thats good news:)

paulinejoe
28-05-2011, 11:48 PM

Great! Glad he's ok :)