• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homemade Toys

scoobylou

Young Bun
My rabbits are starting to get bored of there toys so I was wondering if people could tell me what homemade toys I can make please :)
Pictures or how to make them would be great thanks

Yellow pages with hay stuffed in the pages, we did this today for the first time and Oscar and Jessie are loving digging and pulling the pages :lol::lol:

Toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay are good too, make a bit of a mess on the carpet though when hay is thrown everywhere :roll:

Cardboard boxes, screwed up paper, apple branches all very good too :wave:

Let me think... my buns love a carboard box stuffed with newspaper strips, hay and with treats hidden in it so they can dig.
They also love fresh twigs, especially olive! If you can get them a treat ball to fill with small pellets, it's a beloved toy that will amuse them to no end. Some people in here will sure explain you how to make treat balls out of toilet rolls, it's very simple and totally inexpensive. Maia also loves those plastic keys that you give children to cut their first teeth on, she throws them around and chews them and those ones are pretty inexpensive too. My buns also love tunnels and hidey holed but if you make them out of cardboard they tend to chew them, which could cause blockages if they swallow.

I've got a big cardboard box full of brown paper bags. Bunny loves getting in and ripping all the paper apart and making a mess :roll: :)

Also we don't have any grass in our garden so grow it in a little tray. Gave one to him last night and after eating all the grass he enjoyed having a dig in it! Hoping the grass grows back again!

i got one of them kiddy plastic chairs from wilkinsons and polly loves hopping on and off..
also, when mine are in the veranda they have a litter tray full of sand and they love making a mess :lol:

Back