• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newbie<litter training question

cazzat1979

Warren Scout
Hi

Ive just changed Minnis house<she used to have shavings on the floor but now has lino her litter tray and a blanket,she was peeing in the tray before and this morning she had peed on the blanket and lino so i cleaned it all up and placed another litter tray in there in the corner she had peed.

Ive had a check in the trays and she not peed in there since i cleaned them and when i picked her up she was wet where shes peed on the blanket again.

Any tips wold be appreciated? when i cleaned up the wee with the tissue shud i of put that in her litter tray?

caroline x

With the blanket either hose it down or wash it without fabric conditioner/washing stuff. I find my buns hate it when it's freshly washed and that just encourages them to pee on it more.

I find my buns pee on blankets regardless of whether they're trained or not, it might be an idea to leave the blanket out for a bit to get her properly trained on her tray, then reintroduce it later.

And yep, putting a tissue with the wee in will help her realise where to go :)

With the blanket either hose it down or wash it without fabric conditioner/washing stuff. I find my buns hate it when it's freshly washed and that just encourages them to pee on it more.

I find my buns pee on blankets regardless of whether they're trained or not, it might be an idea to leave the blanket out for a bit to get her properly trained on her tray, then reintroduce it later.

And yep, putting a tissue with the wee in will help her realise where to go :)

will she be ok then just laying on the lino? i feel mean lol x

will she be ok then just laying on the lino? i feel mean lol x

she'll be fine :) mine do it all the time, they just pee on blankets/beds and then refuse to sit on them. so by putting blankets/beds in I'm taking space away from mine :) Lots of people don't have substrate for their buns. You can always reintroduce a blanket or a bed once she's firmly litter trained :)

If it's only a small amount I personally wouldn't wash it straight away, if it's a lot wash it but in plain water. :)

Back