• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Advice

>][Sly][<

Young Bun
hi, its me again :) i would like to ask some advice, how can i turn my bunnies into sweet bunnies? Sam and poppy are wild, lol.. ever since they came into me. they dont want to be touched, instead, they ran away from me. though still, they let me play with them in their digging box. but sometimes they come to me too, i dont really know what to do, they are sweet when it comes to eating time, :lol:. seeing some video's on youtube og having sweet bunnies makes me jelous, lol, the ran to you and let you pet them, scratch their ears, massage them, etc.. and petting them didn't work either, just like what i saw on youtube -__-". so i need some advice how to transform them from Wild bunnies into Sweet bunnie :)

I see your avatar is of a white bunny so I assume you mean wild in character.:)
It may help if you say the ages of your bunnies and how long they have been bonded, and how long you have had them.

sue:wave:

Last edited:
If a bunny is not a cuddly rabbit you cannot force it to be one.
Try to spend more time with them at their level, not picking them up and take tasty treats with you such as a piece of broccoli or greens so they start to associate you with food. Most of my rabbits will not come up to me unless I have food, because that is not in their nature or personality. Each bunny is different, like humans are and some are more friendly or more cuddle/tame than others. I have 2 who are very aggressive and no matter what you try with them they stay the same, that is who they are and you have to accept that.

In my experience the first year of having a bunny is the hardest-like any relationship!You're getting to know them,they are getting to know you.Apart from Willow who I bonded with straight away,its always taken approx a year for us to truely love each other.Now all my buns came to me as babies so I dont know if it would take a year to bond with an adult or whether it was that it would take a year,no matter what age,to get to know each other.When you dont love an animal,their habits can annoy you.Smokie mounted us,Holly was ugly & wasn't Smokie,B dug & was very noisy,Dill chewed & didn't like to be touched-all these things led to approx the first year of being together,as being a trial & resentments rose.I wanted to get Smokie castrated,I wanted to return Holly to the shop,I had to phone the RWA help line as B was getting me down & Dill I wanted to return to the rescue-then our relationships changed & love grew & they either stopped their "bad"habits or I loved them so much that I didn't notice.I guess what I'm saying is,give them time.They will settle down eventually & if they dont you wont care as you will have fallen head over heels in love!:D

I'm sure I read before you didn't have them neutered or spayed because you couldn't get to a vet and you wanted to breed them.

Honestly, spaying and neutering will calm them down and make them cuddly :) in most cases.

thanks guys, im just curious. does it affect in breeds or genes? you say white rabbit, its totally wild? lol, haha! i'll try to give them treat every day so that they could be close to me, and yeah.. they only come to me when i have food or somthing curious in their eyes :)

and by the way, the are already 7 month's old if im not mistaken, :)

Back