• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

blueberry

New Kit
Hi im new im getting my daughter a rabbit she is 12 and showed that she can look after a pet as she help me with my guinea pigs and has her own hamster.

just looking for advice on what is best to get male or female 1 or 2 i already have a hutch big enough for 2 . have everything ready just time to get the rabbit/s

Hiya, welcome to RU! As rabbits are social animals they're far happier kept in pairs or groups. They will need to be neutered though, or fighting (and inbreeding) will occur. Male/female pairs usually work out stronger, although littermates of the same sex is another option. The best thing would be to adopt an already neutered pair from a rescue centre, as this would save a lot of time, stress and money. It also means you can choose your new buns for their personality as well as or their looks - you never really know what sort of bun you'll end up with if you buy a kit from a breeder or petshop. Where abouts do you live? I'm sure someone can recommend a good rescue near you.

Last edited:
hi and welcome:wave: i'm new to owning rabbits so don't know alot yet:) i have guinea pigs , 15 now, use to have 40 at one time, kept going to the rescues :D

Hiya:wave:If they are going to be outside I would say definately two-one of each sex & of course neutured.If inside,one would be ok if part of the family & not just stuck in a cage.I prefer does as they are more fiesty but thats just my preference.

Back