• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clover - A Proper Gentleman

dbu13mr

Young Bun
Hi everyone,

Well, I waited 4 months after Peach died before getting another rabbit, then travelled 100 miles to the SSPCA to find a replacement. I'd already decided I wanted Clover, a year-old albino as he'd been in the centre all his life and I thought it was about time he had a home. They warned me he was bolshie, but I pointed out that's what I like in a bunny, and I brought him home.

It's been 3 weeks and I must say, he really is a gentleman. None of this snatching food out of my hand which Peach used to do, he's quite happy to nibble at something whilst I hold it. He was rather taken aback the first time I opened his run and all 5 hens came storming in, but he eventually realised that if they could get in he could go out and he now thinks he should be free range all day every day. But saying that, although he'll usually wait for me to round him up at night he's not bother, and goes home with very little fuss.

He has, however, thwarted my cat's plans for rabbit for dinner.....she tried to pounce but he just sat there, totally chilled out, which rather threw my fiercesome huntress! Then, to add insult to injury, he started following her around! Poor lass. But it does mean I have no worries about leaving them out together (he's almost as big as her anyway), and once he's had his bits off he can come in and I won't worry that the cat's around also.

First vet visit tomorrow, but I'm sure everything will be fine.

I've been lucky.

M

Ahh thats good, he sounds lovely.

I would ask your vet about the chickens though, just to check they can be housed together and their poos wont hurt him.

Sounds great but be careful with chickens around albinos... Apparently they are drawn to red things and my friend rabbit ended up having it's eyes pecked and really badly injured and has no sight. They had free ranged together fine for weeks and all of a sudden it happened. That's why I decided not to get chickens to be around the buns.

Well done for taking on a long termer :D I agree with others about him not being near the chickens can they have seperate runs and areas? And maybe a friend for him?

Back