• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Answer for transporting hay bales

Just thought I'd let you all know if you're carring bales of hay in your car try 'bale tidys' from Robinsons Equestrian catolage, they're wonderful and now I dont get told off by hubby when the car gets covered in hay as the bale fits right into the bag, it's made of good tough material so should last a while :wave:

Just thought I'd let you all know if you're carring bales of hay in your car try 'bale tidys' from Robinsons Equestrian catolage, they're wonderful and now I dont get told off by hubby when the car gets covered in hay as the bale fits right into the bag, it's made of good tough material so should last a while :wave:

This sounds like a great idea, but I just searched for them and couldn't find them (on www.robinsons-uk.com?). Do you have a link? My car is like a stable...I have given up trying to clear the hay and straw out, as it doesn't seem worth it when I'm only going to mess it up again a month or so later!

Thanks for the tip.

I always recommend a single cotton duvet cover too. Cheap if you go to the charity shop and it can breath too so the hay can be stored in it if necessary.

I use a king size duvet cover, can just about squeeze 3 bales into the back of my car with the seats down :D

I use a duvet cover too. Sometimes it might pick up a bit of hay from the floor when I put the bale in, so I put an old sheet down in the boot as well.

Why are the mats for the boot always made of that awful stuff that hay seems to stick to? :evil::roll:

I have a tarp in my boot. It stays there now as my car is usually used for the allotment stuff cos it's got the biggest boot.

I've got a hay bag but prefer using a duvet cover. Hay bags aren't always quite big enough I find, so bits fall out of the top. Plus duvet covers are cheaper :)

Back