• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nesting.

Fern

New Kit
Do neutered buns still nest? Cos Fern was running around with a load of straw and hay in her mouth yet I thought neutering would have stopped this:?

Mine's doing it too!
Went out to give them breakfast this morning to find Lexi running round with mouthfuls of hay taking them to the bedroom area and Jeff looking very confused and trying to eat the hay as she was carrying it away.
:)
She's made a brilliant cocoon in the bedroom. Very impressive.
Just hope Jeff has the sense to go and eat some of it when he's hungry (they're a newly bonded pair, and he wouldn't normally eat his bed!)

And yes, they're both neutered.

Daisy has started stripping the inside of one of the hidey boxes and mixing it with fur - i wondered what she was doing. I took it out and replaced it with hay (it normally had blankets in) and she seemed more settled after this. I hope that was ok to do? :oops:

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad it's not just her, I was worried she hadn't been neutered properly or something worse. It's funny though, she was neutered three years ago and this is the first time I've noticed her do it! Her sister Honey doesn't nest but knocks down the one's Fern built :roll:

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad it's not just her, I was worried she hadn't been neutered properly or something worse. It's funny though, she was neutered three years ago and this is the first time I've noticed her do it! Her sister Honey doesn't nest but knocks down the one's Fern built :roll:

Probably just the time of year, a lot of buns get "Spring Fever" :love:

Back