• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know when they are fully bonded?

Roseberry

Mama Doe
Hey guys, this might seem like a really stupid question, but I am going through my first bond and am wondering how you know when a pair are fully bonded?

I'm not sure there is such a thing. There are many factors that you can consider. Spontaneous (ie not requested) grooming of each other is a good sign.

Bonding is a process which occurs and takes weeks to months for them to get to know each other properly.

hmm... mine have done some grooming or each other.

I have been bonding Flopsy and Bella, and was planning to put them together in a couple of weeks when they will going to the vets together for their jabs. Flopsy was only neutered 4 weeks ago and I heard they can be fertile for up to 5 weeks so cant put them together yet (have been watching and disturbing any humping so far!). BUT when I separated them yesterday Bella seemed almost distraught that Flopsy had gone :( and I felt mean. Flopsy was less bothered as I caught him second and he seems to enjoy being chased around the garden by me! lol

Back