• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Matilda and her on going 'poo' issues!?!

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
I'm pretty sure Matilda is the runt of her little I saw her bros and sisters, and they were alot bigger, whether that has anything to do with this i don't know,

anyway... She keeps getting a runny bum, the poos are still formed in balls but kind of sludgie and all stuck together looks abit like corn on the cob, like all stuck together,

I have cut down on her food intake and she is on minimal veg, litrally 2 small bits of carrot, and 2 tiny ripped but of greens. But still no change, the only think I can think it could be is her hay!!

Now do i limit the amount she gets? only giving her a small amount each day, or cut out the veg completly, I think this is a definetly a diet issue of some sort guess its just finding the right balence.

any ideas? x

I got this with Mini, went when I cut out sweet veg like carrot. :) How much pellets does she get?

I got this with Mini, went when I cut out sweet veg like carrot. :) How much pellets does she get?

i dnt normally measure it but i'd guess at maybe 1 small handful a day, had to up her pellets about 2 months ago cos she just wasn't putting on weight, but dropped them now shes abut chunckier x

What pellets is she on?

I would cut out all veg, just small amount of pellets and good quality hay, if tummy settles then slowly introduce a small amount of one type of veg at a time. I've had to do that with good success, turned out to be not one particular veg but when they had it with another (think broccoli & greens but not 100% as was many years ago)

i dnt normally measure it but i'd guess at maybe 1 small handful a day, had to up her pellets about 2 months ago cos she just wasn't putting on weight, but dropped them now shes abut chunckier x

I'd reduce the carrot a lot more then. I did stop pellets altogether for a while but it didn't make a huge amount of difference as she was on an eggcupful to begin with and we use SS, not Excel which is known to affect cecals. It was once I stopped the sweet veg (carrot, babycorn, peapods) and fruit that she improved. She rarely gets any of these. Sometimes a piece of banana and sometimes an empty pea pod when they're in season but that's all.

What pellets is she on?

I would cut out all veg, just small amount of pellets and good quality hay, if tummy settles then slowly introduce a small amount of one type of veg at a time. I've had to do that with good success, turned out to be not one particular veg but when they had it with another (think broccoli & greens but not 100% as was many years ago)

shes on burgess dwarf rabby pellets,

i don't give her brocolli did that once never again ha went straiighhtt through her, she mainly has spring greens but like 2 tiny peices x

I'd reduce the carrot a lot more then. I did stop pellets altogether for a while but it didn't make a huge amount of difference as she was on an eggcupful to begin with and we use SS, not Excel which is known to affect cecals. It was once I stopped the sweet veg (carrot, babycorn, peapods) and fruit that she improved. She rarely gets any of these. Sometimes a piece of banana and sometimes an empty pea pod when they're in season but that's all.

okay so noo carrots! or sweet veg, spring greens still okay in tiny amounts, stupid question how can u tell when their in season *im only used to males*

okay so noo carrots! or sweet veg, spring greens still okay in tiny amounts, stupid question how can u tell when their in season *im only used to males*

Nooooooo I mean peas in season! We grow our own so they have a pod when we shell them. Rabbits don't go into season. ;)

If you can get hold of Science Selective then I would switch her slowly onto that as if it's Burgess Excel then it's quite common to have poop probs.

Nooooooo I mean peas in season! We grow our own so they have a pod when we shell them. Rabbits don't go into season. ;)

ahaha ohhh dear :oops::oops: ahaa! unlike guinea blobs then aha! well they do say you learn something new everyday and I've learnt that aha! I have never had female rabbits, lol always got stroppy boys ha! x

Back