• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi All!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
Didn't find this until now so sorry I haven't introduced myself. Was too excited looking at all the rabbit info I think! Anyway, this is me.

My name is Ali, I'm married to Gary and have 3 children aged 8,6 and 3. I only joined the rabbit hobby in April but have had a lifelong love of animals, owning and riding horses for many years. I have always wanted to keep rabbits but had never really come into contact with them or had any knowledge of them.

We were asked by the children if they could have rabbits as pets and I saw my chance. I knew that they would enjoy the rabbits as pets but would not have the ability to look after them so, after a lot of research, we got two brothers called Floppy and Sonic. Unfortunately Sonic had serious internal probs and had to be pts. I then had Floppy neutered and took him to a rescue where he was bonded to Mittens. She always struggled to keep weight on and recently started going downhill. I replied to a free to a good home with hutch ad and Millie joined us. I spayed her straight away so she could be bonded with the pair and for a while we had a happy trio. Mittens has now had to be pts as well so it was fortunate I had adopted Millie so that Floppy was not on his own again.

I love having my buns and they have been a very positive addition to our family. They live outside in a very large hutch with polystyrene padded round the sides and in the roof space. They have a fitted cover over that and seem very happy. When the weather is ok they have unlimited access to the garden during the day.

I have now also got a foster rabbit in my spare hutch and he is with me until he has been vacc, neutered and found a new home. I findit hard that in such a short time I have lost two rabbits but hopefully they have been saved the suffering they would have had if they'd been stuck in a hutch and ignored.

Sorry for the large ramble but nice to meet you!

Hello and welcome to RU, hope you have plenty of spare time as it gets very addictive! :shock:

Thanks for the welcome guys, really seeing how addictive this is! Will get pics organised soon! :wave:

Back