• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Could this be a reaction the Myxi vac?? It's Bobby UD I think she is ok.

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: Bobby and carlo both had their vacs last week. i noticed yesterday, that Bobby has a weepy eye, with a slight discharge. I cleaned her up, and checked to see if she has anything like hay or hair in her eye.

Now Bobby has never had any eye problems, where as Carlo has always had a slight teary eye, which I just keep on top of cleaning up weekly.

Now I am a bit worried that the eye and the jab might have something to do with each other.

I am going to check her again when i get home and if it's still weeping I will take her to the vet,.

I am just worried about her, although she is eating and bright.

i have checked her all over and there are no other signs of myxi type things

Last edited:
Which Vaccine did she have Shelly? Was it Cylap, Lapinject or the new one? Mobivac or whatever its called :oops: (sorry, lazy)

Perhaps call the vet to check?

I've not heard of reactions ot the myxi jab, only the VHD ones. Now im bowing out to find a rock to crawl under and sleep! :lol:

Perhaps call the vet to check?

I've not heard of reactions ot the myxi jab, only the VHD ones. Now im bowing out to find a rock to crawl under and sleep! :lol:

I think I will do to be honest! i just hope she had something in her eye as it was clear this morning..

A Rabbit incubating a bacterial infection can sometimes be tipped over the edge by vaccinations. Usually it's with Buns incubating a RTI. If the eye is still watery/gunky then I'd get the Vet to take a look as some abx eye treatment may be needed xx

A Rabbit incubating a bacterial infection can sometimes be tipped over the edge by vaccinations. Usually it's with Buns incubating a RTI. If the eye is still watery/gunky then I'd get the Vet to take a look as some abx eye treatment may be needed xx

Thanks Jane. I will take a look again tonight and assess the situation.

It was very slight, but it's best to jump on these things straight away

Shelly, Orla had a weepy eye last month & after cleaning it very gently, its cleared up that evening! :D So hopefully Bobby just has a bit of hay or dust irritating the eye!

Keep us posted! :wave:

My girlie is better today, so I am just keeping an eye on her, she has no gunk or anything in her eye today, so hopefully it was just some dust :wave:

I had a bun last year who got 1 weepy eye after her myxi. I noticed it as she had it the previous time as well. Maybe it could be a "slight" reaction. It was only watery and cleared itself within a couple of days (I did contact the vet by the way).

Sorry, Foreign Body :wave: a piece of hay or dust or something :)

I thought you meant Face book was rather confused :lol:

Bunny Babe, I just thought it was odd that it happened after the Myxi, so I think you are probably right!

She has her normal sparkling eyes back now :love: Do you think it is worth a ring of the vet?

Back