• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to get spare newspapers....

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Morning, just been cleaning out the buns and piggies, and thought I would share with you about where I get my newspapers from. Once they have been read and then to used for litter trays.

Friends and family.
Neighbours.
A residential home for the elderly.
A local cafe.
A hotel.
A block of flats, where one of the residents is a friend of mine and really encourages other occupiers to re-cycle.
An estate agent.

Initially it was rather daunting to go into places and ask about having their papers. Great response tough. Many folks say that it saves them a trip to the paper re-cycling bin, which it does. All of the places are within a radius of a couple of miles of where I live. About every week or so, off I go on my collection round.

If I have any to spare, they then go off to either Adele at Guardian Angels, and or Alice at Windwhistle Warren.

Some folks just leave bags of them outside my front door. Great re-cycling here.

Everyone is eager to help and never encountered any unpleasantness.

Perhaps these ideas might be of use to those of you who struggle for enough papers.

Bye for now. :D:D

Meant to say great response though.............not great response tough !!!!!!!

Must find brain.............think it might be in rubbish bag!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

I work in an Estate Agents so get most of my papers from there, but also get a few freebie papers at Asda as there is a distribution bin for the local paper there, so grab a few as I go in and out..

I get my friend and parents to save them for me but every now and again I have too many so I ask themm to stop for a while then get them to start up when I'm running low. :)

My nan supplies me with newspapers :lol:
She reads about 3 papers a day!

She usually gets too many for me to keep up with her and often has to thrown some out :lol:
She used to take them to a kennel's but now she doesnt have her car she cant get them there. :)

I have about 15 people on my street on my facebook friend list, and most of them pass by my house on the school run, so when I am running out I put my facebook status on a Thursday (as bin day is on a Friday!) "If anyone has newspapers in their recycle box please chuck them in the direction of my doorstep!" Works every time, lol :)

Back