• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

strawberry leaves

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I've been advised to try Spenser with grass and appropriate leaves from the garden. Strawberry leaves were mentioned, and I have plenty of those available. Has anybody used these for their buns? :wave:

I've been advised to try Spenser with grass and appropriate leaves from the garden. Strawberry leaves were mentioned, and I have plenty of those available. Has anybody used these for their buns? :wave:

Me :wave: They love them :D

It would appear that Spenser likes strawberry leaves. He was in his bedroom, but poked his wee head out when I wafted a few at the door. Left him nomming them. :D

Great news :D

Just see how he goes on the one portion today as it's always important to introduce new foods gradually, even 'natural' ones :)

Great news :D

Just see how he goes on the one portion today as it's always important to introduce new foods gradually, even 'natural' ones :)

Thanks for the reminder. In my joy at finding something he wants to eat I might have forgot this. He had three smallish leaves this morning.

My to go mad for them.
Also blackberry and raspberry leaves although if I give them they will not touch them, but if they jump into the boxes were they are planted they will gladly nom away at them.

Have you managed to go on a "Bramble Ramble" yet Susie? I bet Spenser will enjoy those too ;):wave:

We have mint in the garden (or did) but I don't know if it is the right type for bunnies. I think we have a lavender bush too. Everything is wet and horrid just now and the gardeners are on holiday so I can't identify anything for sure.

oooh mine adore them too! Though of course a gradual intro is always best! Mine also love rose leaves & brambles & others mentioned & rosemary!:wave:

Spenser had two more strawberry leaves this morning.:D I don't have an indefinite supply but had really meant to give him another couple later. :oops:

Glad you have found something he likes :lol:

How did he get on with the dried bits I sent? Did he like any of those?

Mine love strawberry leaves - I got in a bit of trouble last summer as the plants ended up rather bare :oops:

Glad you have found something he likes :lol:

How did he get on with the dried bits I sent? Did he like any of those?

Mine love strawberry leaves - I got in a bit of trouble last summer as the plants ended up rather bare :oops:

He did! He liked the rose leaves very much, and the calendula petals. Wasn't fussed for the rose petals, so I was surprised that he liked the calendula ones. I actually looked for a packet of calendula seeds yesterday (unsuccessfully), although I know it is too early to plant anything. He didn't get excited about the bramble leaves, but I think he did eat them eventually. I wonder if you could grow strawberries in pots? :? I noticed blackcurrant leaves in P@h yestedray, which I might try him with at some point.

He did! He liked the rose leaves very much, and the calendula petals. Wasn't fussed for the rose petals, so I was surprised that he liked the calendula ones. I actually looked for a packet of calendula seeds yesterday (unsuccessfully), although I know it is too early to plant anything. He didn't get excited about the bramble leaves, but I think he did eat them eventually. I wonder if you could grow strawberries in pots? :? I noticed blackcurrant leaves in P@h yestedray, which I might try him with at some point.

Oh yes - you can pop strawberry plants in pots, or get special planters for them :)

Calendula seeds are common, do you have a Wilkinsons near you? They sell cheap seeds. Otherwise you will be able to get them in any garden centre.

Bramble leaves - my buns tend to eat when they need them, if I notice they have smaller poops they get some brambles leaves and they eat them, If their poops are normal and I put brambles in they ignore them.

Oh yes - you can pop strawberry plants in pots, or get special planters for them :)

Calendula seeds are common, do you have a Wilkinsons near you? They sell cheap seeds. Otherwise you will be able to get them in any garden centre.

Bramble leaves - my buns tend to eat when they need them, if I notice they have smaller poops they get some brambles leaves and they eat them, If their poops are normal and I put brambles in they ignore them.

Interesting... All the buns I've fostered have loved bramble leaves and scoff them within seconds :roll::lol:

I shall be looking out for Calendula seeds from now on ;)

Susie - Rocket is also very easy to grow, both in pots or in the ground :wave:

Back