PDA

View Full Version : 2 bunnies arrive tomorrow.- they are home. Piccies.

halfpenny
22-01-2011, 12:16 PM
The 2 bunnies I was thinking may be going elsewhere are being collected by us tomorrow.
2 older lops, mum and son. Feeling a bit happier now I know what is happening. Need to get the quarantine area set up now.

susie bun
22-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Looking forward to hearing more about them. Hope they settle in quickly. :wave:

helgalush
22-01-2011, 12:44 PM
I hope we get pics when they are settled :D

Blackberry & Co
22-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I hope we get pics when they are settled :D

This :lol:

halfpenny
23-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Just got the buns home, and I'm going to leave them to recover from a long car journey. They had a lovely big run and have obviously been well loved. Their bums were clean but are very matted, I think because they have been left to dry without brushing. I don't think they have been given much hay and there was a full bowl of pellets, no sign of hay though, so this may explain the dirty bum problem.

Mitzi, 8 year old mum, is an agouti and white helicopter eared girl and Snowball, her 5 year old son, is a BEW loppy.

My biggest concern is that I felt lumps in Mitzi's mammaries as soon as I picked her up, she is un-neutered so there is a chance it could be cancer.
I will give them a couple of days to recover and then get them into the vet for a check up.

I get some piccies later, they are quite stressed so I'm just going to let them recover.

Blackberry & Co
23-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Glad you have them safely with you, and hope they settle quickly :)

halfpenny
23-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Just managed to sneak a couple of piccies, they were out but ran back to the carrier when I went in.

Snowball-
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/Rabbits/001-4.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/Rabbits/002-1.jpg

Mitzi-
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/Rabbits/004-2.jpg

hurricanhoney
23-01-2011, 05:08 PM
They are lovely :love:

Blackberry & Co
23-01-2011, 05:35 PM
:love::love::love::love::love:

abbymarysmokey
23-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Aw they're gorgeous :love:

Sending vibes that Mitzi is okay. I recently had an unspayed doe come into the sanctuary who I was sure had cancer, but the large lump on her nipple turned out to be a cyst

susie bun
23-01-2011, 06:42 PM
What gorgeous bunnies! :love::love::love:

helgalush
23-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Ah they are beautiful!!! SNOWBALL!!! :love::love::love: What handsome guy!!

Sending loads of vibes that Mitzi is ok x

BinkyBun
23-01-2011, 08:28 PM
What cutie-buns! Glad they are safe with you now and hope Mitzi gets the all clear xxx

halfpenny
23-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks, I really hope she is OK, they are very sweet, both sitting in their litter tray munching hay with nettle from one of our secret santas.:D

I think Snowball will be quite a character, he was flopped in the carrier on the way home, while Mitzi was a bit more stressed about it.

Rexbun
23-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Love them :love:

nessar
24-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Loving snowballs tiny spoon-like ears :love:

Lspacehopper
24-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Awww .... they're lovely :love: xx

susie bun
24-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Sending vibes for the vet trip. :wave:

halfpenny
25-01-2011, 10:00 PM
The buns are booked in for Friday morning. I had a chat with one of the vets and we think we will get Mitzi scanned and x-rayed to see if we can pick up any signs of cancer and if it has spread. If there are no signs I don't think I will get her spayed and will monitor her with regular scans.

Their owner phoned tday to see if they were OK, I told him I thought Snowball was going to be a character, I said he flopped in the carrier on the way home and I thought he was stressed, but I was told they are used to travelling and he flops a lot. This morning has was standing on the pen to say hello. Mitzi is friendly but a bit more reserved.
The thing I am pleased to see is that they are good hay eaters!:D

Blackberry & Co
25-01-2011, 10:04 PM
The buns are booked in for Friday morning. I had a chat with one of the vets and we think we will get Mitzi scanned and x-rayed to see if we can pick up any signs of cancer and if it has spread. If there are no signs I don't think I will get her spayed and will monitor her with regular scans.

Their owner phoned tday to see if they were OK, I told him I thought Snowball was going to be a character, I said he flopped in the carrier on the way home and I thought he was stressed, but I was told they are used to travelling and he flops a lot. This morning has was standing on the pen to say hello. Mitzi is friendly but a bit more reserved.
The thing I am pleased to see is that they are good hay eaters!:D

Glad they are settling in well :D

So nice that the owner phoned to check how they were doing :)