• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Duke - back from vet - no firm diagnosis, possible EC or ear infection

Leigh

Mama Doe
oh **** duke seems to be tilting this head this morning - still eating fine

going to watch him for a short while to see if he is just sleepy or something and then will be off to the vets if not

Last edited:
also seems to be favoring closing the eye he is tiliting his head towards

EDIt: that could be as he is sleepy though and just waking up

hes currently drinking water and seen him munching some hay

Last edited:
Head tilt could be a sign of an ear infection or EC so I'd agree with you that a vet visit may be the best course of action. Hope he's ok.

Oh no....hope it is not head tilt, get him to the vets today if there is no quick improvement.

Having had a head tilt bunster, i know it is better to catch these things early.

:( Poor Duke

Lots and lots of Vibes for the wee fella.

I believe bunnies often close the eye that is closest to the floor, so it doesn't get caught on the ground, i read that somewhere, but i can't remember where!

Hope he's okay Leigh

thanks guys - all appreciated - will watch him and if he isnt looking normal by 9am ill call the vets

and then will obviously closely monitor anyway.

very aware that vets closes on saturday at midday

i suspect that he will be going to vets regardless to be honest - cant risk it.

well he is happily grooming libby, and eating caecs without any tilting

he does seem a bit quiet but having said that libby has just stretched out flat so maybe they had a busy night and are tired....

i dont want to put them through the stress of a vet visit when things have been going so well - not a single chase last night. although now im wondering if thats because duke wasnt feeling well, all his other behaviour was normal last night though and he did come rushing over for his pellets this morning, didnt seem to care about the treat box when i rattled it just now though.

well he is happily grooming libby, and eating caecs without any tilting

he does seem a bit quiet but having said that libby has just stretched out flat so maybe they had a busy night and are tired....

i dont want to put them through the stress of a vet visit when things have been going so well - not a single chase last night. although now im wondering if thats because duke wasnt feeling well, all his other behaviour was normal last night though and he did come rushing over for his pellets this morning, didnt seem to care about the treat box when i rattled it just now though.

Leigh, if you can, get a picture of Duke, front on if you can and post it up. I occasionally think Biscuit has a slight tilt, but more often or not, its the way he's looking at me, he often kinda tilts his head to the side in an inquisitive way whilst looking at me.

yeah he is definitely tilting it

he is happy in everything he is doing

calling the vets right now

If vet suspects an ear infection I would still be tempted to panacur both of them just as a precaution so perhaps you could ask you vet about that whilst you are there.

he is 100% closing his eye - doing that now more than tilting

happy eating treats we are giving him

just noticed their hay rack has been demolished overnight so i wonder if he has poked his eye - but that wouldnt account for the tilt - unless its sore so hes sort of leaning into himself for comfort.

currently in the cardboard box digging!

EDIT: Should add - we go to a rabbit savvy vet

I'll be going out late morning, but will check when I get back to see if there is an update. Glad you've got a good vet. :)

Back