• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ear waggling/Head shaking? (qu. post 27)

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I've noticed Mischa seems to be doing this a bit recently. :? Is it something to worry about?

Last edited:
Actually it's more shaking his head. I've noticed him doing it a few times than today while doing his nails he did it a lot. :?

His nose has been a bit wet too if that could be related. I thought it was originally dust from where I'd been moving stuff in my room a lot lately but it's not gone yet so I'm getting antsy about that.

I think I'm going to phone the vets later.

I *think* i've read that shaking of the head could be ear infection, as he's annoyed and can't get at it?

Didn't Mischa have bad ear infection before, when he had EC?

Could be an ear infection...lops are very prone to them. Take a look inside his ears and have a good sniff

I was thinking ear infection too...
Though when toffee had an ear infection he just kept scratching at it...

Take a look down his ears and see if they are clear/clean :wave:

If its an ear infection the vet will probably give you some drops to put down his ear.

I *think* i've read that shaking of the head could be ear infection, as he's annoyed and can't get at it?

Didn't Mischa have bad ear infection before, when he had EC?

We were never sure if it was an ear infection or EC but having read stuff on here I think it was more likely an infection now.

I've had a look/sniff and they look and smell fine. I think I'll still take him though for that and his nose. Will have a chat with Dad when he gets in, who will probably agree with me, and then ring them.

I've had a look/sniff and they look and smell fine. I think I'll still take him though for that and his nose. Will have a chat with Dad when he gets in, who will probably agree with me, and then ring them.

I think thats a good idea... better to be safe then sorry.
Lots of vibes for him and hope all goes well at the vets :wave:

Twinkle got ear mites and that caused her to shake her head and scratch a lot. She shook her head so much she fell over :(

Milly was doing this last year and we were given ear drops and some antibiotics, cleared it up thankfully! :)

good luck at the vets, am sure he'll be fine!

Other thing i'd say Schuette is, you know Mischa better than anyone. I know how much he hates the vets and how much stress it causes him. Really dont want another stasis episode for him and you again.

I think a definate call to the vets :)

Ear infections do reoccur apparantly, so it could be that he had one before which caused his tilt and it is creeping back in. A wet nose aswell rings pasteurella bells to me. This is pure speculation though hun, what do I know! :oops:
Try not to worry coz whatever it is you have caught it really early :D
Loads of 'its nothing' vibes :wave:

Other thing i'd say Schuette is, you know Mischa better than anyone. I know how much he hates the vets and how much stress it causes him. Really dont want another stasis episode for him and you again.

I think a definate call to the vets :)

I think you're thinking of Smudge ;) although Mischa does hate the examination (high flying bunneh anyone?) but he's ok with the rest of it.

Just phoned, got an appointment this afternoon, cos Mark's not working tomorrow.

I think you're thinking of Smudge ;) although Mischa does hate the examination (high flying bunneh anyone?) but he's ok with the rest of it.

Just phoned, got an appointment this afternoon, cos Mark's not working tomorrow.

Poo. Sorry. I get so confused :(

Glad you got the appt.

Mark's number is still on my mobile for if im in Kent and need an awesome vet :lol:

Back