• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mumsi can I haves cuddle?

Lu_x

Mama Doe
After Alice had her syringe feed we had a little cuddle and she was falling asleep in my arms. She's such a gentle little lady. Here's some of our cuddle pictures-

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

Awwww, bless you Alice. :love: Big Spenser doesn't do cuddles, I'm afraid. :( He did let me hold him at the vet's today - last time it took the vet, an assistant and a towel ... :roll:

Awww she really is a lovely little dink, be very careful handling her though won't you and re her posture, that wound will still be majorly sore internally aswell as externally. Probably best to avoid picking her up for a few days if possible till her skin and stitches are knitted together and dissolving, I haven't picked Pixie up since she came home for fear of disturbing the wound.xx

Awww she really is a lovely little dink, be very careful handling her though won't you and re her posture, that wound will still be majorly sore internally aswell as externally. Probably best to avoid picking her up for a few days if possible till her skin and stitches are knitted together and dissolving, I haven't picked Pixie up since she came home for fear of disturbing the wound.xx

I am being very careful with her. I do have to handle her though as she needs to be syringe fed. She's not eating again and still not pooped today so I really do need to feed her. The position she is in in these pics is the one she scoots herself in to for a feed and she stays there after and bobs off but I do put her back to stretch out in her cage as soon after as possible. xx

I am being very careful with her. I do have to handle her though as she needs to be syringe fed. She's not eating again and still not pooped today so I really do need to feed her. The position she is in in these pics is the one she scoots herself in to for a feed and she stays there after and bobs off but I do put her back to stretch out in her cage as soon after as possible. xx

Awww I know I just wanted to mention it because it will still be very sore, I do hope she perks up for you, it's not nice for anyone when the dreaded syringe has to be done :(

Awww I know I just wanted to mention it because it will still be very sore, I do hope she perks up for you, it's not nice for anyone when the dreaded syringe has to be done :(

That's ok, I promise you I was and will continue to be very careful with her. She tends to show me whats comfy for her. She's very active considering what she's had done and considering how her eating and pooping has been fluctuating. She has been doing lots of periscoping today! I'll keep you posted how she is. I'll be sleeping on the sofa to be near her again tonight!

Update- Alice has produced some very tiny poops at 7am this morning- which was a relief but she is only eating curly kale for herself. I have been syringe feeding her and I think she is quite fed up of that now!

I'm going to try and buy a greater selection of hays and herbs today to offer her and see if that helps! Got to return to the vets this afternoon too!

Thank goodness for curly kale! :) I try to limit Spenser's consumption of it because it makes his pee a bit sludgy, but it's his absolute favourite. Good luck at the vets - and with finding some noms to tempt the little ladybun. :love:

Back