• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minimum base size

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondered what everyone thinks is the minimum size for a base hutch for a pair of buns? They currently have a 6ft double hutch, but I think its far too big so want to downsize, plus, if I do that, it will give more space in the shed for them.

They would only be shut in for maybe 5mins a day while I swept up the shed and stuff. Never any longer.

Just wondered what everyone thinks is the minimum size for a base hutch for a pair of buns? They currently have a 6ft double hutch, but I think its far too big so want to downsize, plus, if I do that, it will give more space in the shed for them.

They would only be shut in for maybe 5mins a day while I swept up the shed and stuff. Never any longer.

My 6ft hutches I'm upgrading to kennels and avairys as i think they are far too small. I do think though if in a shed- you could have a 5ft hutch if the shed is left open.

My 6ft hutches I'm upgrading to kennels and avairys as i think they are far too small. I do think though if in a shed- you could have a 5ft hutch if the shed is left open.

They have a 9ftx12ft shed, so they do have lots of space, I'm just thinking for their litter tray, food, water and snugglepads (in winter).

They have a 9ftx12ft shed, so they do have lots of space, I'm just thinking for their litter tray, food, water and snugglepads (in winter).

In that case- -3ft-4ft depending on the bun. I have 3ft indoor litter boxes and four and they are fine.

If you just raised it off the floor it would maximise their floor space for exercise and still give them the large upper floors for more varied exercise

Back