• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Signs of sexual maturity

Babooshka

New Kit
Hi, was hoping to get some advice about the above. Over the Xmas period our little orange doe has been behaving strangely: she had ok litter habits before but these have gone out the window, she has routinely started leaving poos absolutely everywhere and combines this with chinning everything in sight, even places that she is very familiar with. She circles both my husband and me and makes that soft little grunting noise, when we pick her up she poos on us profusely and the noise increases (when I wear a particular white fluffy robe she circles, attacks its sleeves and nips although this seems more in affection than aggression!)

I am wondering whether its time to book her in for that all-important op? We adopted her as an full-grown adult about 4 months ago & she has been fairly well behaved, adapting to a good house routine, but we knew she had not been neutered. Her hormonal surge seems to have appeared much later than is usual!?

Any advice very much appreciated. Will check back later today to see any responses, cheers me dears xx

Sounds like she is sexualy maturing :wave:

Because she sounds old enough to be neutered i would get her booked in :wave:

Yes I would say that all sounds fairly hormonal to me. How old is she? Most vets will spay from 5-6 months old

Sounds hormonal to me too :) Is she *definitely* a girl? While it can happen in both sexes, circling and making buzzing noises does sound more like hormonal boy bunny behaviour!

Thanks everyone, looks like I'll be phoning the vets sharpish!

Santa, your comment made me laugh! Yes, she is most definitely a girl but I totally agree that it is more buck behaviour, which is why we've been finding it so unusual.

***UPDATE*** My hubby has just come in grim-faced telling me she climbed his legs while he was sitting in the easy chair, clambered up to sit on his shoulder then promptly peed all over him! She's never done this before :? Is it usual for does to spray/mark urine so territorially?

Tilly used to run round, fick her back legs in the air and spray us all with urine (lovely:lol:) before she was neutered, so girl bunnies definately do it:)

Thanks everyone, looks like I'll be phoning the vets sharpish!

Santa, your comment made me laugh! Yes, she is most definitely a girl but I totally agree that it is more buck behaviour, which is why we've been finding it so unusual.

***UPDATE*** My hubby has just come in grim-faced telling me she climbed his legs while he was sitting in the easy chair, clambered up to sit on his shoulder then promptly peed all over him! She's never done this before :? Is it usual for does to spray/mark urine so territorially?

I think she sees your hubby's chair as hers. That's surely hormonal!
A friend of mine used to have an unspayed doe who had a favourite sitting spot on the couch. When an unsuspecting friend came over and unadvertently sat on that spot, the doe immediately climbed on him and weed all over his lap! :lol:

Back