• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Humping Behaviour!

Charlotte1804

Warren Scout
Hello. Where do I start?

I have 2 young females, got them together so they have been together from near birth...They are NOT spayed though! YET!!!

Having abit of trouble though...The quieter one of the two will not leave the other one alone and keeps chasing the other and trying to hump her...even her head!

I have but a wire barrier up at the moment for about 30 mins when they are in there run, to give them a break from eachother but they can still see eachother!

I just dont know what to do! Is this natural behaviour for 2 unspayed bunnies??

Yes. This is completely normal and suggests that they should be spayed asap. You need to keep a close eye on them as if they start to fight they may be more difficult to re-bond after spaying. How old are they?

I shall do, thats what I just said to my dad...thats the next job of the new year!

Its just horrible to see them chase eachother! they get no peace!

If it was me I would book them a consult today so the vet can check them over ready for the op and then get it booked for the most convenient day for you next week. I would get them both done at the same time as well as so they can comfort each other.

Back