• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

vets in or around colchester

lauralucy

Warren Scout
hi all does anyone know a good rabbit/guinea pig vet in or around colchester?

took my little girl in today for her myxi jab and the vet checked her and said she was 90% sure she was a girl. and also that she would spay her.

i dont think she is 4 month old yet it worried me a bit.

any suggestions welcome :) thanks

I use Orwell Vets Group in Ipswich. Not quite in Colchester, but they have been excellent for me and my crew. I tend to see Charles or Katherine because they have the widest rabbit knowledge and are very good with them. They also explain things very well and are keen to keep you informed of what they are doing. They've spayed and neutered all my crew and have never let them down.

Just had my doe spayed at House and Jackson and I can't fault them. It cost me £63 inc aftercare which seems relatively good value. A bit of a drive but it may be worth it for peace of mind.

I've used their Equine vets for years too.

Back