• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it best to get my female bunnie neutered before bonding with male??

BrummieEm

Young Bun
My male bunny was neutered about six weeks ago now. My female is currently unneutered..
I thought i'd give them some time together the other day and there was just loads of humping... from both of them. The female seemed to chase the male more... but then he was making humming noises and seemingly getting aroused.. they then started fighting so i shocked them and they sat there next to each other looking at me.. naughty buns!
I'm guessing that it'll be better to get the female neutered before I start to bond them? she seems very interested in him, I'm also concerned that the male is still seemingly slightly hormonal after his op..
What are peoples experience with neutered male/non neutered females?? does it work.. or am i wasting my time until i get the female sorted.... any advice/thoughts would be helpful... thanks and merry christmas

Last edited:
Back