• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Under the stiars?

lexybee91

Warren Scout
I have a space under my stairs, I can lay down in it, long days and width ways. I'm 5 foot 9. I'm adopting charm, she could deffo stand up as it is obviously the shape of our stairs.

It already has laminate wood flooring on the floor under it. i'm thinking of buying some mesh grids or a play pen and barring the whole area off so that she can have that as a home base. She'll be out most of the time but do you think that is okay for her? should I protect the wall obviously i will check if there are any wires under there... she'll have a litter tray and water bottle and food.

http://theonlinepetstore.co.uk/prod_show.asp?id=250&ref=froogle&prodid=250

That was what i was thinking so she wouldn't escape! LOL x
anything else you guys can think of? xx

Last edited:
I dont know what your stairs are like i.e wether its a large cupboard with a door, or if it is all open, etc...

I have this pen, and it kept my bunnies safe when they were indoors, they could jump out though, if they REALLY wanted to, but they never did. The only other thing i would say is that if you need a straight edge, then you will have to use cable ties as this will only go in an octagon shape.

Hope that helps, im not sure what your proposed area is like, so cant help much.

It sounds good but definately check for any power cables!

You might find the rabbits are able to chew on the edges of the laminate floor and of course they can destroy anything made of wood. So you may want to protect any edges that are exposed with metal cornering etc.

I would put carpet down anyway to make it cosy :) that would distract her from destroying the wood probably too! The carpet shop gave me free old samples when I asked, they are 1m x 1m so if you could get some of them you can carpet it for free.

That sounds like a good option, Cat who hasnt been on here for a while did a similar thing with her understairs. As others said check any cables are protected and also your skirting boards if you want to keep them in good condition

Back