• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wee paws prints....

lydz

Alpha Buck
Grace's hutch is lined by lino and she has a litter tray (with critter litter and hay on top). She is free range on a concrete surface and it gets covered in wee footprints which look awful - ive been cleaning it up everyday. Is this something other people have or is it wrong to just have lino on the hutch floor or is my litter wrong? any advice or do i have to live with it ? :?

When i was litter training mine I just had hay in their trays, buns like to eat and poop at the same time, once they've established that's where they go as they will be able to link the smells, it should continue.
Also critter litter? is that clay based litter? It is dangerous for this to be used for buns and can be extremely dangerous if digested...I use wooden pellets, which absorb the wee and turn into mush....:D

I don't know a lot about Critter litter to be honest - it was the only one that was specifically advertised for bunnies in the store thats why I chose it. It a no go then?

i personally wouldn't use critter litter its just so mushy and i dont thinks its practical or safe for buns try paper, carefresh or megazorb, this will probably make things less messy and wet :wave:

Back