• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4ft x 2ft double hutch ok for a netherland dwarf?

Are you getting the bun form a rescue or is this a bun you already have? If its from a rescue I would check - some would be happy with this some wouldnt. Personally I think its a bit small. Will it have a run permanently attached

ETE Im not following you round RU posting on your threads they just came up on new posts :p

You might think a double hutch doubles the space, but it really doesnt. Space is wasted for the ramp etc. A 6 x 2 x 2 hutch would be much better :)

I have nethies and I also have double four foot hutches, however, each four foot hutch has a significant area to run in outside of the hutch (Somewhere roughly around the 30sqft mark). A four foot hutch, or a double four foot hutch is NOT ok for a nethie(or any rabbit for that matter). However, it can be a good base as long as the rabbits have permanent access to a run/area that is weather proofed too (the amount of space depends on how much needs to be weather proofed).

I suppose it depends how long he/she will be allowed to run around outside for. Nethies are surprisingly quick and love to charge around like mad things, or at least my Oscar does... I think with cages and hutches, bigger will always be better

My nethie and polish dwarf have my livingroom/kitchen, and half the time they dont seem to think that is big enough :shock:

How big will your attached run be? If you dont have an attached run, then I would def get a 6 x 2 x 2......

Kernow pet housing make hutches and are based in Cornwall, there website is down but they do still do hutches. If you do a search on the forum you will see contact details and also pictures of what they make.

Ryedale make hutches which are also very strong and will last many years, they will also make hutches to order.

A wendy house or a shed with an attatched run is another option and these can be found on line or at garden centres.

Back