• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can they eat Sprouts?

Bitzy

Mama Doe
As the title says really, I luuurve sprouts but wasn't sure if I was ok to try the bunnies on them!?

Cheers, Jo x

They can but introduce them gradually and don't give to many, as they are too gassy for some. Just start of with a couple of outer leaves and see how they go x

Mine like them...I buy them over winter when they are more readily available and give them afew each afew times a week x

yes mine have always loved the outer leaves but as others say -do give in moderation- no-one wants a bun with tummyache.:(
(and yes - they do make buns smelly!:lol::lol:)
sue:wave:

I give mine the sprouts still attached to the stalk.Its not their favourite veg but they do have the occasional nibble!

Jims :love: his sprouts but since adjusting his diet we only give them in moderation now and only when they are in season.
So now they are sharing 1 sprout a week!

Well I tried them on a couple of little leaves of sprout last night and so far they're a big hit :thumb:

Mind, they used to love cucumber and carrot tops but have now decided they don't like them anymore ........ so we shall see!! :lol:

One of mine is a smelly bun after sprouts, but I dont know which one so neither get them atm.

Didnt realise cucumber was on the safe list, although they'd have to fight me for it - have been known to devour a whole one before now.

sprouts...

All 9 of mine have been brought up on sprouts so we have never had a farty prob... They all love them.....I drop whole ones in the run....

Back