• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The foster gerbil has landed - UD her name is Luna

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
:love::love: she is a forever foster as she was taken from someone keeping loads of gerbils in filthy conditions and breeding and breeding them with each other to feed live to his snakes :cry: she had a litter of 3 babies but ate them because of the stress etc.

She is a beautiful REW. Does anyone have any name ideas? She doesn't have a name and I get to choose seeing as she is a forever foster :)

DSCI0669-1.jpg

What does a girl have to do to get some food around here??

DSCI0670.jpg

DSCI0668.jpg

Aurora, Tiffany, Snow white, Pumpkin, Sugar, Snowbell, Frosting, Frostie, Fizzy, Melody, Echo.. i dont know hehe :D

Is she bondable? I think one of my gerbils is nearing her end and the other will be left on her own :(. I'm willing to rehome her if it means she can have some company.

Is she bondable? I think one of my gerbils is nearing her end and the other will be left on her own :(. I'm willing to rehome her if it means she can have some company.

Aww that's really sad :( they don't want to rehome her because she is inbred they have no idea how long she'll live.

Can gerbils be bonded though? I have 2 girls and it is a shame for her to be on her own

Aww that's really sad :( they don't want to rehome her because she is inbred they have no idea how long she'll live.

Can gerbils be bonded though? I have 2 girls and it is a shame for her to be on her own

I meant bringing mine up to you, I assumed there was a reason she was a permanent foster.

They can be, using split cage method - but it's not a guaranteed thing, particularly in older females. If you've already got them both it wouldn't hurt to try it.
The basics are that you get a tank, split it down the middle with mesh, switch their sides every day and then eventually take the divider out and see what happens.

I meant bringing mine up to you, I assumed there was a reason she was a permanent foster.

They can be, using split cage method - but it's not a guaranteed thing, particularly in older females. If you've already got them both it wouldn't hurt to try it.
The basics are that you get a tank, split it down the middle with mesh, switch their sides every day and then eventually take the divider out and see what happens.

ah ok I understand :oops: sorry was just having a moment :lol:

It's an idea :) how would your gerbil do travelling though?

ah ok I understand :oops: sorry was just having a moment :lol:

It's an idea :) how would your gerbil do travelling though?

I think she would be ok, I just realised how far you are though! When she goes I'll get in touch and we could look at transport and see how viable it is.

Mine are the same age so who knows, once cracker passes whitey might not be far behind. It's just at the moment cracker is a bit decrepit and has to stay on one level (a couple of days ago I found her not moving and very cold in the bed and thought that was it but she's perked up a bit) whereas whitey is still leaping all over the place.

anyway, derailing the thread somewhat! I'll just leave it at your new gerbil is lovely (both of mine are rews) :love: and I hope she settles in well.

Back