• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi there!

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
Hi there! I'm tiger_lily on here, and I am just about to get my first pet rabbit since I left home (I'm at university at the moment).
The young boy is a netherland dwarf, who we are calling Oscar. I can't wait to get him home, and I will make sure I keep you all updated on his progress as he settles in- as well as lots of pictures! :)

Hi there! I'm tiger_lily on here, and I am just about to get my first pet rabbit since I left home (I'm at university at the moment).
The young boy is a netherland dwarf, who we are calling Oscar. I can't wait to get him home, and I will make sure I keep you all updated on his progress as he settles in- as well as lots of pictures! :)

fabulous, you will be surprised there is even more to learn (or at least most of us found this) after adopting or getting our first bunnies! if he is neutered(which will help his behaviour too) it ould be wonderful to adopt him a wife bun rabbits love company soooooo much! welcome to the forum!!!

Hi and welcome! And ditto what the others said about all the learning!
I've got nethies too :)

fabulous, you will be surprised there is even more to learn (or at least most of us found this) after adopting or getting our first bunnies! if he is neutered(which will help his behaviour too) it ould be wonderful to adopt him a wife bun rabbits love company soooooo much! welcome to the forum!!!

He's a bit young to be neutered at the moment- I think about 10 weeks old- will check for definite when I get him home. Would you recommend getting him neutered when he's old enough then?

Hi.. welcome to the forum..Hope to share insights and other infos regarding bunnies..:) I am also new here..:)

Last edited:
They get mostly Timothy hay to eat - as much as they want! They also get about a heaped tablespoon of pellets per day between the two of them (half each morning and evening). Additionally, a sprinkling of dried herbs/flowers which they love, and then little bits of vegetables depending on what we have in.

There is a lot of advice on here about what to feed and everyone does it a bit differently, but plenty of hay is key!

Back