• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Walsall RSPCA - Pistachio needs a special home/long term foster home see post 20

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Hello RU,

My name is Pistachio. I was born in foster care at Aunty Beckys on the 29th May 2010. My mummy came into foster care as part of a large rescue of 30+ rabbits but thats a different story. Anyways, Aunty Becky has asked me to come and speak to you guys on RU as i needs a special home. I has had weepy eyes since i was about 5/6 weeks old. I had lots of different drops, and was treated for EC whatever that is, but it didnt help. So, 3 weeks ago when i wents to have my 'neuter' (ouch!) the vet flushed my tear ducts which were very bad. I also had to have a dental and the vet said my teeth were awful and shes not seen anything like them in a long time :(

Aunty Becky says this isnt good news for me, as no one will want me because of the vets bills :( Please can you consider giving me a home? I lives outside by myself at the moment, im a shy boy and run around the hutch when you come and see me. My brother has cataracts in his eyes, so Aunty Becky says we need to keep an eye on my eyes (no pun intended). I would love a friend to cuddle up to now winter is coming. Its so cold being outside alone :( If you can offer me a home please either email Aunty Becky on enquiries@rspca-walsall.org.uk or gives her a call on 0845 272 3570 :love:

S7001624.jpg

S7001623.jpg

S7001620.jpg

P.S I forgots to mention, i has been neutered so i can live with a lady friend, but i hasnt yet been vaccinated as my eyes always seem poorly and every time we book my vaccination appointment the vet gives me more eye drops :( xx

Last edited:
Oh my goodness!!! He is soooo handsome!! :love::love::love::love::love:

I would have him in a shot if I had room. He sounds like he has similar problems to my Starbuck.

Hopefully any adopter will see past his problems, if they are kept 'on top of' then it doesnt necessarily cost that much, we are lucky in that we have a vet that will do conscious dentals which really does make a lot of difference if you have a dental bun.

Oh my lord, I just fell in love :love:

Stoopid minimum size requirements! How strict on those are you... :lol:

I hope he doesn't have to spend winter alone :(

Xxx

oh isnt he just beautiful! :love:The poor little sweety......if I could cover vet bills Id take him....why cant I win the lotto!:(

Oh my lord, I just fell in love :love:

Stoopid minimum size requirements! How strict on those are you... :lol:

I hope he doesn't have to spend winter alone :(

Xxx

What size accommodation do you have? :)

Hes a stunning little lad :love: x

Far too small for another, I'm sure! I've got two lady dwarf lops in a 6x2x2 double decker, then they free-range from about 5 til 10 every day.

xxx

We would rehome a 3rd bun to a 6x2x2ft double tier hutch :) Do contact us if your interested ;) x

We would rehome a 3rd bun to a 6x2x2ft double tier hutch :) Do contact us if your interested ;) x

Wow. I honestly didn't think I had enough space for another - part of the reason I allow myself to even look at rehoming threads :shock::lol:

I will have a proper think about this little chap, and maybe PM you in a couple of days... Happy early Christmas to me, perhaps :lol:

xxx

Awwwww a lovely looking bunny like him will be sure to find a good home! Someone on here will cave into the temptation of him ha ha!! :lol:

We are now looking for a Sanctuary space for Pistachio :( Pistachio was at the vets again last week, hes had to have another dental and tear duct flush, and the vet seems to think its going to be a regular thing :( The vet is also sure his top teeth are growing upwards making his eyes sore/weepy.

I dont think we would feel comfortable with Pistachio going to a normal home, but if someone experienced came along we'd be willing to have a chat :) xx

We are now looking for a Sanctuary space for Pistachio :( Pistachio was at the vets again last week, hes had to have another dental and tear duct flush, and the vet seems to think its going to be a regular thing :( The vet is also sure his top teeth are growing upwards making his eyes sore/weepy.

I dont think we would feel comfortable with Pistachio going to a normal home, but if someone experienced came along we'd be willing to have a chat :) xx

As soon as we have a space here I will let you know :wave:. Shame he's not a girly he could come here tomorrow

Just an update on Pistachio. He is now a long term foster at RSPCA Walsall but the lady who was fostering him had personal problems and Pistachio is now with me, and has been for 6 weeks. Pistachio has always lived indoors until he came to me. I personally feel this little chap needs an indoor home. He relies on smell, and is very nervous outside.

If you feel you could either offer Pistachio his forever home, or foster on a long term basis please do get in touch. He has had 4 dentals so far in his short life, and also still has runny eyes. He has had x-rays which have shown he doesn't have elongated tooth roots. His teeth ducts get blocked often so he has those flushed through too.

Pistachio needs someone who can love him, and give him the attention he needs indoors. He is basically blind hence why he is so nervous. Such ashame for him :(

Back