• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit runs on a budget

neenee

Warren Scout
I have a kennel and wendy house for my rabbits at the moment but due change in circumstances it will have to be taken down for a year (moving house semi-permanently) so for now one group will be staying in the garage and my big rabbit will reside in the shed. For my boy in the shed a run cant be attached so ill need a run for when im not there (garden is fully enclosed so they can run about there when im there to supervise) so anyway ramble over :)oops:) where can i buy a cheap 6ft run for about £50 or £60? Thanks :wave: xx

Am I right that you are in Aberdeen, if so contact Wood Recyclability in Pitmedden. They make a lot of things with recycled wood and handicap people are employed there. I have no idea how much a run would cost but they are worth a call to find out- make sure you get a real price because they are not very 'professional' and after waiting for some duck houses the price had gone up by 50% because they had forgot to charge VAT and something else ( can't remember what). They do make very solid stuff though at a reasonable price and I'm sure if you said you needed it urgently they would try for you.

Am I right that you are in Aberdeen, if so contact Wood Recyclability in Pitmedden. They make a lot of things with recycled wood and handicap people are employed there. I have no idea how much a run would cost but they are worth a call to find out- make sure you get a real price because they are not very 'professional' and after waiting for some duck houses the price had gone up by 50% because they had forgot to charge VAT and something else ( can't remember what). They do make very solid stuff though at a reasonable price and I'm sure if you said you needed it urgently they would try for you.

That sounds brill, my friend lives in pitmeddan :) Do you have the number for this place? I'll give them a ring :)

Yes, the phone number is- 01651 842876.

Just make sure everything is clear and state what type of mesh you want and get a definate quote.
Good luck, let me know if they can help.

Yes, the phone number is- 01651 842876.

Just make sure everything is clear and state what type of mesh you want and get a definate quote.
Good luck, let me know if they can help.

Sorry can i ask what type of mesh is best? Ive heard chicken wire is useless.

Great thanks! I tried to pm you but it didnt work, would i be a huge pest if i asked for a pic of your duck house? :oops:

No problem.

The duck house.

081.jpg

The run with it ( these now have the rabbits in them, for the time being)

079.jpg

Also I would draw a diagram as to how you want it to look, this is the first house we ordered, we then ordered another 5, 3 with runs, and they were completely diferent, they had also put the doors on stupidly so we had to rehang them, so mark out where you want openings and how you want them to open. These cost about £190 for both house and run, but they are very heavy and very strong.

Back