• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Strange behavour after jab?

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
I'm not sure if it is coincidentally but since Thumper has had his Myxi jab hes been acting like hes in a mood. He lays all hunched up a lot of the time, spends about 25% of his time cleaning. He loves his pellets and it is evident out of his back end :lol: So his his digestive tract is still fine. He isn't eating much hay, only gets a egg cup full of pellets every morning, but he does snack on straw.

He just isn't as bouncey as he was before his jab. It doesn't seem to have gotten better or worse, and he isn't aggressive etc. Do you think its just he is hitting "manhood" as he is 15 weeks old? Or do you think hes just a bit slouchy after the jab? He is due his VHD jab next friday, not sure which one it is, I'll be asking again about getting him neutered.

But what do I do? He doesn't seem in ill health or bad enough to see a vet, I just don't no what to do, if anything...any advise?:roll:

quick sudden update. He eats his hay if I put it under his nose :) The lazy ****** lol:) Also he's just tried chewing my bed throw (matt side) gave up and flopped his head on the floor to sulk? Strange behavour :S

Last edited:
Sorry no advice but just wanted to ask where you adopted your bun from? He is the spitting image of my little girl Orla!!!! :D

Its so strange looking at your pic, he doesnt happen to have a smudge next to his nose?? If he does, then that is seriously creepy! :lol:

When was it he had his jab? It can make them feel abit under the weather for a few days.
Keep putting hay under his nose as it will keep his digestive system going xxx

When was it he had his jab? It can make them feel abit under the weather for a few days.
Keep putting hay under his nose as it will keep his digestive system going xxx

He had his jab Friday just gone so less than a week ago, he is only 15 weeks old and does live outside alone temporarily... I want to get him neutered asap so he has company, he might just be feeling lonely. I bring him inside a few house a day in the coldest room for human socalizing but still moody looking :roll:

He does Haha, have you got a photo of your rabbit?

Im a nightmare with adding pics on here! I take pics on my Iphone but never upload them apart from on facebook! :roll: What am I like! If only we could cop and paste on here!lol

He had his jab Friday just gone so less than a week ago, he is only 15 weeks old and does live outside alone temporarily... I want to get him neutered asap so he has company, he might just be feeling lonely. I bring him inside a few house a day in the coldest room for human socalizing but still moody looking :roll:

It could still be the jab then although i bet he is getting lonely aswell. Awww just keep him company and givehim loads of fuss untilhe is old enough to be neutered and bonded with a girlfriend. If you think hes bored theres loads of fun stuff you can get forhim on thehayexperts.com :wave:

Im a nightmare with adding pics on here! I take pics on my Iphone but never upload them apart from on facebook! :roll: What am I like! If only we could cop and paste on here!lol

I'm terrible for it too. Chnage your "signature" to a picture of you rabbit? :) Thats what i did, upload a small photo onto Photobucket (free) after saving, hover over the photo then copy the last code that is shows you, paste that into your "signature" and it'll do what mine does everytime I write something. Pretty nifty ;) haha, I'd love to see her though.

It could still be the jab then although i bet he is getting lonely aswell. Awww just keep him company and givehim loads of fuss untilhe is old enough to be neutered and bonded with a girlfriend. If you think hes bored theres loads of fun stuff you can get forhim on thehayexperts.com :wave:

I'm guessing he is just bored now after having a good think about it. I just went to do my usual carrot "trick" and he responded and came over and snacked it off me :shock: so he seems fine for food. I've also scattered his hay on the floor to encourage him to eat, he is eating it a bit more now by the seems of it :)

Going by your photo, and basing it on the 7 buns we currently have, and several that are at the bridge, he looks fed up/bored. Is there any way you can get a female-and keep them alongside each other until he's had his op? It's amazing how buns perk up-some to the extent of becoming unrecognisable once they have another bun for company. Poor guy, I think he just needs some bunny love :)

Going by your photo, and basing it on the 7 buns we currently have, and several that are at the bridge, he looks fed up/bored. Is there any way you can get a female-and keep them alongside each other until he's had his op? It's amazing how buns perk up-some to the extent of becoming unrecognisable once they have another bun for company. Poor guy, I think he just needs some bunny love :)

We've tried.....well we've tried introducing a female, didn't end to well, Thumper lost some fur and he is currently terrafied of rabbits. Sadly, we don't have enough room to make another compartment for a female rabbit without taking up Thumpers current space. I REALLLLLLLLY want to get him a female, this second, but we just dont have the room to place another hutch/run alongside his one, his only only just fits in snug :/ I do agree that I think he is bored though. But I really really do want to get him a companion, even an out of bounds one, I just dont have the space.

The hay experts are actually quite good :) pretty cheap too if you ask me :)

Back