• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing - Benji and Luna

Saffy1999

Warren Scout
I thought I'd write a little bit about my little babies and introduce you to them .. then, when I grumble about them you can see who I'm talking about!

This is Benji ! We went all the way down to Peterborough (we live near Bakewell in Derbyshire) to get him. Had to chuckle at the breeders we got him from. Their set up was in a built on room to the house, with carpeting, heating and classical music .. can't say Benji is still impressed with classical music as we're more Funk/Soul fans - he does bob his head to a bit of Bob Marley too!)

Anyhoo .. this is him mid groom. For a short hair, I have to say the fur certainly flies when we groom him. We have to do it outside, with the wind in the right direction as we made a mistake once of grooming him as the wind was blowing towards us and got a mouthful of hair.

SAM_0098.JPG

He was bonded for 5 years with a little mini lop we called Mookie Moonpie - yes, we got some strange looks when we registered her at the vet. Luna is a Netherland Dwarf like Benji. She was the only one left of the litter and we fell in love with her right away. (I personally think she has a bit of "other" rabbit in there somewhere as she has this tiny face and a big butt!)

We didn't know whether Benji would readily take to her having been with his last love for just over 5 years, so we put Luna in the indoor cage and put that in the run so that they could smell one another.

After a couple of days we let Luna out. She ran straightup to Benji and we held our breath! She bowed her head .. and ... he gave her a big slopping lick of top of her head. I have some video of their first meeting and will pop a link up to it.

Here's Luna ...

11062010442.jpg

And .. the link to the little video ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8UNOiR1RUQ

Friday 7th October .. the sun is shining and I've just let Benji out to have a run in the garden. He sometimes pops under the fence to nibble on the neighbour's grass but always comes back.

I'll update this from time to time and hope you're come back for a read to see hwo they're getting on.

Saffy x

Awww gorgeous buns, the video is so cute, love at first sight :love:
Benji is huge! Is it all fuzz or is he abit tubby? :oops:

*grin* .. Oh thank you so much for your lovely replies. Ummm ... am afraid he WAS a bit tummy .. a bit like a ball with a head. Unknown to us, he had been eating Mookie's share of the food aswell as his own.

Sad thing is, he's lost so much now I can feel his backbone. I took him to the vets who gave him a good check over, teeth, jaw movement, ears, tummy, heart. She gave us some Science "Rescue" stuff which I am feeding him a little a day, but he is eating, though not as much as he used to.

Good news too re. Luna and Benji! We went out shopping today and left them out together ... Luna's cage was open as was Benji's, so they were able to get away together, but here they are, all cuddled up together.

SAM_0075.JPG

Back