• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to tempt buns into boudoir?

amyp

Young Bun
I have two four month male rabbits. They have a hutch outside (we live in Uganda, so it's nice and warm) and have a run on grass and a covered sleeping area, filled with hay. They are totally uninterested in the sleeping area, other than using it as a toilet (well, one of them does, the other one uses a litter box in the run). They just lie outside on the grass and don't seem to realise they can go inside, into the shelter. I have tried lining the sleeping area with newspaper and with an old towel, but nothing has tempted them to snuggle up inside. Is there any way I can persuade them to do that? Or should I just accept they are a bit stupid??!!

Last edited:
Food :D If you want to get them back in at night, get into the habbit of feeding them their dry food in the evening at bedtime, pellets in a box which are rattled as you walk over to them telling them it is food time may work after a while.

Thank you! Actually their hutch is a run is attached to a shelter, but we let them run around the garden all day anyway. What I mean is the run part of the hutch is wire so when it rains they just sit there getting wet instead of going into their nice attached shelter. I don't have any problem getting them to go back into the hutch itself since bedtime is always food time too, as you suggest. Maybe it's because the place I bought them from just kept them in wire cages with no shelter part and that's now what they prefer because they're used to it.

Back