• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can my bun free range on the wet grass??

Honeybean

Warren Scout
Hi

Its finally stopped raining here and has brightened up. Can I let my bun out to free range on the grass which is wet for about 30 mins to stretch his legs?

I will obviously dry my bun off before he goes back in his house.

Just wondered if this was really bad in case he got a chill or its ok and I am just being paranoid?

Thanks
Kim

As long as he's already used to grass etc, it won't hurt at all. :)

Alfie and Bubbles have just been out for a run about on the wet grass and, apart from wet tootsies and tummies, are fine.... and I didn't bother to dry them off either. ;)

If they get soaked in a downpour I'll towel dry them, otherwise I let them dry off naturally once they get back into their dry run. :)

Thanks Karen.

Your rabbits are gorgeous. I have an Alfie too, he the opposite to yours as he is all white with black markings. :love:

I chickened out of putting Alfie on the grass today. I will see if its dry tomorrow and let him have a go.

Kim

My lot have all been in the garden late this afternoon after heavy rain for a few days.

They soon dry off once they're back in their sheds and they'll spend ages grooming themselves clean afterwards.

Fingers crossed we get a dry spell tomorrow then as I am sure he'll love to tear around the garden. :roll:

Mine were in the house for a bit this afternoon then soon as I saw the rain stopped I was out like a shot cleaning the hutch with them running all over the garden.

No problems at all, they quite often sit out in the run when its raining no common sense mine.

Back