• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know what to do about Cleo!!

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
I've had Cleo for over a year now, after we chased her for hours in a park close to where I used to live. I managed to bond her with Kitt - who has had 3 failed bonds before where, each time, he has been bullied and/or injured by the rabbits in question.

They have lived together for over a year and everything has been fine until Kitt started being unwell (which is currently being treated at the vets... the vet believes he may have had a stroke :cry:). I've noticed how aggressive Cleo can be towards Kitt, she has cut his back which is now healing okay and the vet isn't concerned with that. And, whenever I put food in for them, she lunges at him and he has to wait until she has eaten before he can even start :cry:

Before finding Cleo we attempted to bond Kitt in with my other bonded pair - Jamie and Sapphire, Sapphire was okay with him but Jamie attacked him again :( when I found Cleo and bonded her with Kitt I was able to move Kitt outside and thought they would live happily ever after... now I'm thinking I am very wrong.

I live in a one bedroom flat with 2 kittens and the flat only has a living room with a kitchen in it, a tiny bathroom and a bedroom so I wouldn't be able to have him back inside should I have to rehome Cleo.

Any advice would be greatly accepted xx

Unfortunately bonds can break down when one rabbit becomes seriously ill. We have seen this happen many times especially when it involves something like a stroke :(

My only suggestion would be to separate them as Kitt will need lots of extra TLC and being attacked by another rabbit is definitely not in his best interests. I really hope Kitt starts to feel better soon x

Unfortunately bonds can break down when one rabbit becomes seriously ill. We have seen this happen many times especially when it involves something like a stroke :(

My only suggestion would be to separate them as Kitt will need lots of extra TLC and being attacked by another rabbit is definitely not in his best interests. I really hope Kitt starts to feel better soon x

Thanks for replying Liz, really appreciate it :)

At the moment I'm not in a position to separate them :( I have two hutches, which are both occupied and can't afford to buy another as I'm unemployed and claiming job seekers :(

I can't have him inside as my kittens have the run of the place, and it wouldn't be fair for either of them to live on their own would it? :( xx

I don't know what else to suggest as neither of them are going to be happy living together at the moment either.

As Kitt has now had a neurological incident to leave him with a rabbit who attacks him isn't going to help his recovery. Even a temporary seperation would help to see if he improves and then try to rebond if he gets back on top form :?

I don't know what else to suggest as neither of them are going to be happy living together at the moment either.

As Kitt has now had a neurological incident to leave him with a rabbit who attacks him isn't going to help his recovery. Even a temporary seperation would help to see if he improves and then try to rebond if he gets back on top form :?

Oh gosh, I really don't know what to do now.

He is going back to the vets a week today so I shall see if the medication he is taking has helped anything. She doesn't attack him all the time, it's mostly when there is food involved.

xx

Back