• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Tray Fail!

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Islay and Jura enjoy helping me clean their hutch. They help by throwing the shovel around, the brush too, climbing in the bag and the likes! But most of all, they love it when I put a new litter tray in, before I've even finished the hutch, first thing they always do, is tip it over, it appears P@H hay is better then the Burns hay upstairs! :roll: Rabbits!

Then at night they throw the trays out their hutch, and start again on the shed floor :lol:

Please excuse the spray marks, I have cleaned it, but nothing seems to be removing it. I'm going to get vinyl tiles soon to cover it.

022 copy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

026 copy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

Then they were both at it!

030 copy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

036 copy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

Then Jura was getting greedy so Islay went to her own...:roll:

037 copy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

It's too hard to get annoyed at them...

040 copy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

048 copy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

But all went right in the end...

058 copy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr
The door was only shut while I swept, otherwise they chuck it as I sweep!

Awww mine do this aswell, I think it's an attention thing, they pull at my jeans when I am cleaning the shed and when it's done all lovely and neat off they go to rearrange it all how they like it :lol:

With regards the white spray marks - white vinegar in warm water - spray it through a plant sprayer, leave for ten minutes and sponge the area with warm water and leave to dry:wave:

Mine are right gits for emptying litter trays. Cloud's always been the worst. I had to resort to putting a brick in the tray but then she digs it out instead of tipping it. :roll:

And some hooligan in the bunny shed had thrown their litter tray all over the blimmin' place. The culprit was easy to spot....

Mine are right gits for emptying litter trays. Cloud's always been the worst. I had to resort to putting a brick in the tray but then she digs it out instead of tipping it. :roll:

And some hooligan in the bunny shed had thrown their litter tray all over the blimmin' place. The culprit was easy to spot....

:lol::lol::lol:

I had soggy wood chippings and hay and poop all over the living room floor last night.

After emptying the litter trays in to a bag, somebun decided it would be fun to stand underneath me between my legs, periscope up and chew on the bottom of the bag...*split* out it all comes...all over his head and the floor.

He sat there cleaning for a good 15 minutes :lol: i stood hoovering for the same time...:roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

I had soggy wood chippings and hay and poop all over the living room floor last night.

After emptying the litter trays in to a bag, somebun decided it would be fun to stand underneath me between my legs, periscope up and chew on the bottom of the bag...*split* out it all comes...all over his head and the floor.

He sat there cleaning for a good 15 minutes :lol: i stood hoovering for the same time...:roll:

:lol::lol::lol: Bunnies aren't very smart really are they?! I bet Biscuit was wondering if there was food in the bag... :roll::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Bunnies aren't very smart really are they?! I bet Biscuit was wondering if there was food in the bag... :roll::lol:

He'd saturated the wood chippings too :( The room stank for ages!

He is smart, he knew exactly what he was doing, just didn't realise he couldnt get out of the way quick enough :lol:

He's taken to begging more now too - sits at the pen panel next to our understairs cupbaord, where he KNOWS we keep his food and treats etc.:love:

After saying that my boys are so good with their litter trays (Dan and Clo still are) Blackie & Butters have decided that they will pee in their litter tray, but now they deliberately empty all of the hay out, and then poop in the hay on the floor :roll:

They've also decided that on top of their bedroom is a goo place for poops, so much so that I've had to put a second litter tray up there now!

These piccies are making me smile - the buns all look so smug!

The highlight of Spenser's day yesterday was helping me to put fresh paper in his bedroom (toilet zone - he never sleeps in it). Poor boy was stuck in his hutch all day, and he seemed to find having a tug of war with me over the newspaper very stimulating. Guess who won? Owing to a temporary hay crisis he got straw from Morrisons as his bedding, but he seems very pleased with it. :roll::roll::roll:

Back