• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding in North London or maybe Lancaster?

lizzyjm

Alpha Buck
Does anyone know of any good rabbit boarding places in North London?

I found this place, but it's £10 a day, which adds up quite quickly, and I would also have to provide my own cage, which I can't as it's too big for me to move!

I also found this place, who are much cheaper at £3.50 a day and provide their own cages as well as hay and veggies. They're a bit further out to travel to, but perfectly doable. Their website doesn't fill me with confidence though. Do you think they would be alright?

Last edited:
I don't know either, but avoid the second one like the plague. Look at the state of the little white and black rabbits hutch. :(
Where abouts in North London are you?

ETA. Just saw youre in Islington. Perhaps you could ask if a member on here, whos local to you would look after your rabbit/s while youre away?

Last edited:
Their website is scary. They have buns in Ferplast 100's by the looks of it up high on a stand :(

They are also a breeder and the area those runs are in does not look very secure.

My opinion would be not to use them personally. Sorry i don't have any other ideas, i dont live near london, but was scared by their site!

They also have this written in their information;

"max of 2 rabbits and three guinea pigs in same cage" :shock:

and

"i have various size cages from 5ft downwards"

:(

would it be a good idea if RU-ers with space and time could post when they have space and do informal boarding for others - not to take away from those professionals who run larger style buntels (thats hotels for buns, I just made it up :D) but to help others out?
I'm not in that position myself (yet) but I'd be happy to heklp someone out for a few days or a week if i could.
that said, you open up all kinds of cans of worms I suppose with insurance, liability etc.
I thought it was a good idea but not i've typed it, doesn't seem quite so clever

Yeah, I think you're both right, they don't look great. An alternative I guess would be a boarding place in Lancaster, where I'm visiting my sister, though that would probably mean around 3 hours in the travel carrier.

I certainly wouldn't board a rabbit at the second place the hutches are far to small and the little black and white bunny second photo from the last look at the bedding. A definite NO! :(

would it be a good idea if RU-ers with space and time could post when they have space and do informal boarding for others - not to take away from those professionals who run larger style buntels (thats hotels for buns, I just made it up :D) but to help others out?
I'm not in that position myself (yet) but I'd be happy to heklp someone out for a few days or a week if i could.
that said, you open up all kinds of cans of worms I suppose with insurance, liability etc.
I thought it was a good idea but not i've typed it, doesn't seem quite so clever

I've thought this too.....although I don't have space to board anyone else's bunnies I could definitely do feeding/playtime visits (and would happily stay much longer than a paid sitter would).
I don't think insurance would come into it if it was an arrrangment between friends?

Please please don't go anywhere near the second one. I have seen their adverts regularly on gumtree, and the conditions and accomodation fill me with horror, they also continuely have baby rabbits and guinea pigs for sale, and apparently rescue and rehome :(

Don't worry, I won't! I think deep down I knew they didn't look good and just needed other people to tell me. It's a shame as they're cheap and there don't really seem to be any other options around here.

Don't worry, I won't! I think deep down I knew they didn't look good and just needed other people to tell me. It's a shame as they're cheap and there don't really seem to be any other options around here.
You can't always judge by the price :D I charge £3 per night or £5 for a bonded pair and I have a members rabbits here ( again :wave: ) at the moment.
Always go and look around and write down questions to ask before you decide

It's a shame I don't still live where I grew up (Bedford) - you'd be ideal! Don't suppose you have any space at Christmas?

Unfortunately that's why they're so cheap :(

Do you drive? have you tried looking further out, maybe towards Essex? What about a pet sitter? Also you could try looking on you're Vets notice board, they may have something.

Good luck!

I may have a friend interested in helping out, though I'm not sure she realises quite how much is involved!

You can't always judge by the price :D I charge £3 per night or £5 for a bonded pair and I have a members rabbits here ( again :wave: ) at the moment.
Always go and look around and write down questions to ask before you decide

Hello :wave:
My bunnies behaving themselves!?

Rabbit sitting

I offer rabbit sitting in exchange you do the same for me when I go on holidays.

Most of the time I have a friend who can pop around and feed our indoor bunny but this friend is not available all the time.

I would not trust a pet sitter to come around or leave him at some pet home.
I dont expect any money.

Is there anyone with the same situation around EN2 - Enfield Chase?

It would be also nice to find someone near by with a bunny who I could meet up for a cuppa whilst the bunnies play together too :)

PS: when I used to live in islington i found out that the freightliners farm http://www.freightlinersfarm.org.uk/ has outdoor hutches and for about £3.50/day cares for rabbit/guineapigs

Rabbit sitting

I offer rabbit sitting in exchange you do the same for me when I go on holidays.

Most of the time I have a friend who can pop around and feed our indoor bunny but this friend is not available all the time.

I would not trust a pet sitter to come around or leave him at some pet home.
I dont expect any money.

Is there anyone with the same situation around EN2 - Enfield Chase?

It would be also nice to find someone near by with a bunny who I could meet up for a cuppa whilst the bunnies play together too :)

PS: when I used to live in islington i found out that the freightliners farm http://www.freightlinersfarm.org.uk/ has outdoor hutches and for about £3.50/day cares for rabbit/guineapigs

Back